Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, every public authority has a duty to specify what information they publish, how the information is made available, and whether it is available free or there is a charge. King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Publication Scheme explains what information the Trust makes available to the public. Wherever possible, we make it easy for you to obtain.
If you would like any of this information translated into a different language, in Braille or in an audio format, please email the Freedom of Information department at email@example.com.
If the information you want is not available through our publication scheme or if you are unable to find it elsewhere on our website, you can send a request to our Freedom of Information team.
This model publication scheme, which complies with Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) requirements, provides the following information:
The structure of King’s College Hospital NHS Trust is outlined in the Who's Who organisation chart, which shows details of the Trust organisational structures and key personnel. The Trust has a number of committees which co-ordinate much of its work. A list of the main committees is available from the Corporate Services Department, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS.
Find out how we are organised and our role in the NHS.
Find out Who's Who at King's.
Review our Hospital services
The Director of Finance and Information Services leads the finance function and has corporate responsibility for overseeing of the Trust’s finances. The Trust Board receives regular updates on the financial position of the organisation, and makes decisions regarding the allocation of these resources.
- Annual statement of accounts
You can find the full accounts in the Trust's Annual Report published each summer.
The Trust’s full audited accounts are also available. You can also request a printed copy from the Finance Department, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS.
- Budgets and variance reports
- Financial audit reports
- Standing financial instructions
- Capital programme
- Staff and Board members’ allowances and expenses
- Staff pay and grading structures
- Funding (including endowment funds)
- Procurement, tendering and contracts
- Publication of Trust expenditure
- Annual Report
- Targets, Aims and Objectives
- Strategic Direction document (5 year plan)
- Performance against targets - The Trust measures its performance in many areas of clinical and non-clinical activity. Performance against some key targets are published in the standards of care section.
- Reports by regulatory organisations
- Audit reports - available as part of the Board of Director meeting papers
- Service user surveys
- Privacy impact assessments - Available on request from the Freedom of Information office
This information is available in the Trust’s audited accounts which are available in print from the Finance Department, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS.
For details of the Trust’s star ratings and waiting times compared with other NHS organisations go to the NHS website at www.nhs.uk.
Patient safety is a top priority for the Trust. Staff are encouraged to report incidents, near misses or errors and are trained and supported in doing so by clear and accessible policies and guidelines. All adverse incidents are thoroughly investigated to identify the underlying root causes. Lessons are learnt and action taken to prevent or reduce reoccurrence.
Further information is available in the Trust’s Clinical Governance Annual Report and the Risk Management Policy and Strategy which are available in print from the Risk Office, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS.
- Board papers – agenda, supporting papers and minutes
- Board of Directors meetings
- Patient and public involvement strategy (PPI)
- Public consultations (for example, concerning closures/variations of services)
Find out more about our Policies and Procedures.
- List of main contractors / suppliers
- Assets registers
- Information Asset Register - Available on request from the Freedom of Information office
- CCTV camera locations by postcode
- Any register of interests kept in the authority - King's maintains a register of interests for its directors and governors. Board members and governors are asked to declare any interests and to self-certify that they meet eligibility criteria in the Trust's Constitution. To view the register, contact the Foundation Trust Office on kch-tr.FTO@nhs.net.
- Register of Gifts and Hospitality provided to Board members and senior personnel - Available on request from the Freedom of Information office