KCH Commercial Services is the business arm of the Trust exploring local and international opportunities in areas such as healthcare management, training and joint ventures. All income generated by KCH Commercial Services is then reinvested in King’s NHS activity.
King's Medical Engineering and Physics (MEP) department provides scientific and bioengineering services to King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and other hospitals in the region and beyond. Our team of clinical scientists and technologists are trained in physics or engineering and often have specialist training in medical physics.
Our activities cover the fields of:
- radiation protection
- medical equipment management
- vascular investigations using medical ultrasound
- rehabilitation engineering
- design and development of medical equipment
- quality assurance
- software development.
Our advice service - KCARE (King’s Centre for Assessment of Radiological Equipment) - is now part of KITEC (King's Imaging Technology Evaluation Centre). Its main role is to support the work of NICE's Medical Technologies Evaluation Programme (MTEP) and the Diagnostics Assessment Programme (DAP).
We also have a training section providing training for King's employees and offering courses for other health professionals. These include radiation protection and medical equipment training plus an award-winning master's degree (MSc) in Medical Engineering and Physics.
Medical Engineering and Physics (MEP)
King’s College Hospital
124-126 Denmark Hill
London SE5 8RX
Tel 020 3299 3491
Fax 020 3299 3314
Our team of specialist professionals provides a full range of occupational health services and support to promote the wellbeing of our employees. We also provide services to our partner organisations such King's College London and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundations Trust.
Services are tailored to the needs of the organisation and include:
- pre-employment health screening
- occupational health assessment
- workplace assessment
- statutory health surveillance
- counselling and psychiatric support
- training and health promotion
- medico-legal advice
- bespoke management reporting and strategic consulting on a range of corporate health and management issues.
Department of Occupational Health and Wellbeing
King's College Hospital
3rd Floor, Jenny Lee House
London SE5 8AD
Tel 020 3299 3387
Fax 020 3299 1765
As a partner in King’s Health Partners (KHP) King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust now sources, orders and purchases goods and services via the KHP procurement portal. This offers a single gateway to procurement opportunities from all partners who have a combined spend of circa £620m per annum.
The KHP procurement portal offers:
- information on existing and forthcoming contract opportunities
- details of staff involved in procuring goods and services
- guidance on the KHP's procurement procedures.