When you arrive
When you arrive, go to the clinic on your appointment letter and give your name and letter to the receptionist.
Please help us by arriving for your appointment on time.
We also have Express Check-in kiosks in many outpatient areas. If you have a barcode on your appointment letter, you can use the barcode to check in at a kiosk.
If you forget your letter, you can still use the kiosk to check in, by typing in certain details about your appointment.
Once you have checked in using the kiosk, your name will be shown on a display screen on the wall as ‘Waiting’. When we are ready to see you, the onscreen message by your name will tell you where to go for your consultation.
How long will I have to wait?
- Please allow at least two hours for your appointment.
- We will try not to keep you for more than 30 minutes after your appointment time.
- You might need to have an x-ray or other tests afterwards. We will try to arrange these on the same day, so you may need to wait longer.
- Please tell the receptionist if you need to leave and cannot wait for your tests because you might be able to have them another day.
- Sometimes appointments are delayed. This is usually for a good reason, but clinic staff should always tell you why there has been a delay.
- Arriving early for your appointment does not mean we will see you earlier.