Working better together
Here at King’s we put our patients at the heart of all our services and the way we work so we can give them the best care.
To help us do this, we work together with other healthcare organisations so we can share our expertise, provide you with better care, and develop and deliver new types of treatments.
Our key partners include:
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- King’s Health Partners
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- South East London Cancer Alliance (SELCA)
What are the benefits?
Sharing expertise with our healthcare partners means that you can get:
- your diagnosis and treatment quicker
- more involved in your treatment choices
- the most appropriate diagnostic tests, treatments and surgery for your type of cancer, in hospital or the community
- treatments developed from the latest research
- continued support after you leave hospital
Where will I have my care?
Because we work in partnership with other hospitals, the best diagnostic tests and treatments for you may be provided at Guy’s Hospital, St Thomas’ Hospital, King’s College Hospital, Beckenham Beacon, Orpington Hospital or the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH). Some patients may have part of their treatment closer to home. Our staff liaise with these hospitals or other healthcare facilities to ensure they are fully aware about the treatment you are receiving.
When you book your appointments, we will tell you which hospital to come to. For example, you may go to Guy's Hospital or St Thomas' Hospital for radiotherapy but for chemotherapy treatment you may go to Guy's, King's, the PRUH or Queen Mary’s.