King’s Staff Bank
Joining King’s Staff Bank is a great opportunity to work for us. We offer a range of temporary opportunities to gain experience in a hospital setting or to simply work in a flexible way that suits your lifestyle.
Our temporary staff play a pivotal role in the successful delivery of our services at King’s. This service helps us to deliver safe, quality services at exceptionally busy times and to cover for staff absences at short notice.
Our in-house staff bank covers all staff groups including doctors, nurses, midwives, healthcare assistants, allied health professionals and other professional, scientific and therapeutic staff, as well as admin and clerical and management employees.
Find out more information about working bank shifts at King’s:
Why join King’s?
By joining our staff bank you will benefit from the following:
- first choice of available shifts
- flexible work opportunities to suit you
- competitive rates of pay
- paid annual leave
- weekly pay
- free uniform (where applicable)
The recruitment process
The registration process will include an interview and we may need you to visit one of our nearby sites to verify your identity in person. Depending on your role, you may also be asked to complete some basic tests.
In order to register you must have or pass the following:
- a face-to-face interview
- the right to work in the UK
- proof of address and identity
- certified copies of professional registration and qualifications
- three years of employment history and two references
- a current DBS certificate or DBS details if on the update service
- occupational health clearance
- a minimum of six months previous NHS experience or relevant experience for administrative roles
We estimate the recruitment process to take around two to four weeks from the date of your interview. If you’re already an employee at the Trust, there’s a fast-track process for joining the staff bank.
How to join
If you are interested in becoming a member of our staff bank, please apply by emailing our recruitment team: [email protected]. Please include details about the area or staff group you are interested in, along with your name and contact details.
You can also view our live vacancies under the staff group you wish to join and apply directly through our jobs page.