Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offers support, information and assistance to patients, relatives and visitors.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
As part of our response to Coronavrius (COVID-19), our walk-in PALS service is currently closed. You can still get in touch with us via email, phone, contact form or post. Please see details below under 'How to contact us'.
If you have concerns about a current inpatient, please ask to speak to the ward manager or nurse in charge. They can offer you assistance and try to address your concerns.
Postponed appointments and admissions
If your appointment or inpatient stay has been postponed, PALS are unable to provide any further updates at this time. The relevant appointment team will contact you in due course.
Accessing your medical records
If you have completed an application for a copy of your medical records, the Patient Records team will arrange to post these to you. We have more information on accessing your records and what we do with patient information.
What PALS can help with
- You can ask us for information about the hospital's services.
- We can advise you where to go to get health information.
- We can help with problems that you have not been able to sort out with staff on a ward or in a clinic.
- If you want to make a complaint, we can tell you how to do so. We can also tell you about independent organisations that can help you with a complaint.
- We listen to your views on how we can improve our services, and we offer opportunities for people to get involved in how they develop.
- We can help find interpreters, signers, and other support for patients who need extra help using our services. For example, our Safeguarding Adults team helps patients who have a learning disability.
See your medical records
Our patient information page gives full details of how you can see your medical records. PALS does not handle these requests; they are handled by the Trust's Patient Records Service.
How to contact us
Patients of King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill
- PALS contact form
- Tel: 020 3299 3601, 9am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (not bank holidays)
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS
Patients of Princess Royal University Hospital, Orpington Hospital, Queen Mary’s Hospital or Beckenham Beacon
See our PRUH and south sites website for details of the PALS service for patients of Princess Royal University Hospital, Orpington Hospital, Queen Mary’s Hospital and Beckenham Beacon.