Macmillan Information and Support Centre
What we do
The Macmillan Information and Support Centre at King’s College Hospital provides a welcoming and confidential drop-in service for anyone affected by cancer. We are a team of professionals and volunteers here to offer you, your family and friends, support and information throughout your care and following treatment. Whether you have just been diagnosed or have finished treatment, our team is on hand to help you with any practical, emotional or social needs and concerns.
Come and see us or give us a call if you would like:
- detailed information about cancer or other long-term conditions
- help with living with the consequences of a difficult diagnosis
- to talk through your care options and get further assistance
- help with living well after cancer or another long-term condition.
What we offer
Having the right kind of information and support, at the right time, is essential, whether you are newly diagnosed or have been living with your condition for some time.
Our centre is staffed by a centre manager, a centre administrator and a small team of trained volunteers who can help you and offer you a space where you can sit quietly, relax, read or make a cup of tea.
You can also arrange an appointment to see the Macmillan Welfare and Benefits Advisor.
- Drop in:
- Feel free to drop in to the Macmillan Information and Support Centre at King’s and talk to one of us face to face in confidence in a calm, relaxing environment – you do not need to make an appointment. You can discuss all aspects of diagnosis, living with – and beyond – cancer and long-term conditions, and read about treatments, side-effects and other disease-related issues such as how to apply for benefits.
- Call us:
- You can also give us a call us on 020 3299 5228 and talk to someone about your support and treatment needs.
We are on the King’s hospital campus, in the Cicely Saunders Institute (next to Bessemer Wing). We are clearly marked on the Map of King’s College Hospital.
You can also find out about how our Palliative Care team helps patients with serious or life-limiting illnesses as well as support family and carers.
Contact details and opening times
We are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. We are closed on bank (public) holidays.
For more information, please call us on 020 3299 5228.