Council of Governors
As a Foundation Trust, King’s has a Council of Governors which ensures that the key stakeholders – patients, members of the public, staff and partner organisations – have a say in shaping their local health service.
Collectively, it represents the interests of the more than 20,000 people who have become a Member of King’s. Our membership is made up of patients, staff and members of the public, and it gives us valuable insight and perspective. Our Members also have other important roles as part of the governance structure of the Trust, such as appointing Non-Executive Directors.
Our governors are elected and appointed from across four constituencies:
- Public governors represent each of our local constituencies.
- Patient governors represent King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust patients, including those who live outside the constituencies we serve.
- Staff governors represent a variety of staff roles across the Trust.
- Nominated governors are the appointed representatives of our stakeholder organisations.
Our Council of Governors meets four times a year. The meetings are open to the public and we also encourage our Members to attend.
If you have a question you would like to put to the Board of Directors or Council of Governors, please email it to the Foundation Trust Office on [email protected]. In your email, please state at which meeting you would like your question to be asked in the subject line.
Tuesday 26 March 2024, 4.30pm to 6pm
Boardroom, Hambleden Wing, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS
- Tuesday 2 July 2024, 4.30pm to 6pm
- Tuesday 29 October 2024, 4.30pm to 6pm
Governor committees and working groups
As well as quarterly Council meetings, our governors also attend smaller committees and working groups that conduct detailed reviews of topical issues.
Patient Experience and Safety Committee
Listens to patients to understand how we can improve the experience of patients at King’s and ensure their safety.
Reviews plans and strategies for the future of the hospital, representing the views of members and the needs of the local community.
Email: [email protected]