"Being a part of King’s has been a great experience. I was recently a patient and the service was excellent, and now I want to give something back."
Become a Member
As a Foundation Trust, King’s has a membership made up of local people, patients and staff. Being a Member gives you more say in how your local hospital is run.
We count on our Members for feedback, local knowledge, fundraising and support as well as to vote for Governors who represent Members’ interests. In return, you have the chance to find out more about our hospital and get involved in activities to help improve services and our local communities.
To be a Member, you must be 16 or older and answer 'yes' to at least one of the questions below.
- I live in Lambeth, Southwark, Bromley or Lewisham.
- I have been an outpatient, inpatient, attended A&E or a carer of a patient of King’s (Denmark Hill, Princess Royal University Hospital or Orpington Hospital) in the past six years.
- I work at King’s – employees can become Staff Members.
Get your voice heard and make a difference: sign up to become a Member.
What are the benefits?
- Inside King's magazine
- Inside King's is designed to keep you updated about key developments at the Trust, to showcase the work of our staff, and to share some of the ways in which patients and local people are supporting our efforts to provide outstanding care. Inside King's is available online, or it can be sent to you by email or post.
- Members' health talks
- Meet our doctors and nurses and find out about health issues, different illnesses and conditions and how to prevent and treat them as well as the latest research developments at our Members' health talks.
- Have your say
- Help us to improve everything from patient services and patient information to local transport links and the environment. Members have already campaigned successfully for disabled access at Denmark Hill Station.
- Vote for your Governors – or why not even stand yourself?
- Community Events
- Meet Directors and Governors and give your views on the future of King’s.
Associate Membership for community groups
Voluntary and community organisations can join King's as an Associate Member. If your community group supports our local community or patients in any way, we would like to work with you. Find out more about Associate Membership.
If you have any questions about membership, please contact our Membership team:
Tel 020 3299 8785