"Kingfishers have made such a difference to the Play and Youth Team. They fund most of our toys and equipment we need to provide a Play and Youth service for our children. We are so grateful to Kingfishers for this great gift. Thank you!”"
Jackie Ambrose, Play Team Leader, King's
Kingfishers is a small group of volunteers who raise money from among local families to help improve the facilities for child patients at King’s College Hospital.
Our committee is made up of local parents. We organise an annual programme of fundraising events, including: a quiz night, a spring coffee morning and open garden, carol singing and delicious hand-made cake sales at King’s. We are also supported by several local schools and encourage involvement from children and young people within the King’s patch.
- Thank you to everyone who has supported Kingfishers.
What do we fund?
We hope that what we do helps make King’s College Hospital a better place for children. Examples of the work we have recently funded include:
- In 2010, Kingfishers donated more than £8,800 for six workstation trolleys for the Neonatal Unit.
- Every year, since 1937, we have provided gifts for families with children in hospital over the festive period. Last December we funded the Christmas Day Hampers.
- We fund most of the toys and equipment needed to provide a play and youth service for the children.
- We continuously supply toys and equipment for 12 Children’s Outpatients waiting rooms throughout the hospital.
- Kingfishers has donated £11,500 to fund the aquarium in the new Paediatric Liver Unit – Rays of Sunshine.
To apply for funding or to find out more about our fundraising events and activities, please contact us via the Friends of King's:
c/o The Friends of King’s College Hospital,
King’s College Hospital
London SE5 9RS
Kingfishers is a sub-committee of the Friends of King’s College Hospital.
Reg. Charity No: 207328