How are we doing?
Improving the quality of patient care is our main priority – that means listening to and acting on real concerns, such as how we talk to patients, how clean the hospital is and the quality of our food.
So, if you have been a patient at King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, we'd like to know what you think. Take part in our How Are We Doing? surveys and influence the way we deliver our care – for the better!
Fill in one of these surveys online.
- Care of the dying patient
- Children’s Emergency Department Survey (age 8-16)
- Critical Care
- Day surgery / Day Case patients (Daycase includes apheresis unit, cardiac catheter suite, endoscopy, haematology teatment, Planned Investigations Unit)
- Dental Outpatients
- Emergency Dental
- Emergency Department
- Maternity Services
- Patient Transport Services
You can complete these surveys either in hospital or when you go home.
- Inpatients: fill in our survey on the ward
- Carers, relatives, friends or visitors: fill in one of our How are we doing? Comments and Suggestions cards and post it in one of the special boxes around the hospital.
What we do with your feedback
How Are We Doing? results, feedback from Complaints and PALS, and patient comments are reported every month to staff at all levels – from nurses and doctors to Governors and Commissioners – so they can decide how to make improvements.