We want you to be a part of King’s by getting involved, telling us what you think of the care and services we provide, and helping us to shape our future by contributing your views and skills to improve how we manage the Trust.
There are many ways you can do this, from helping us to provide extra services by raising funds for the hospital, to sending us your comments and suggestions and letting us know what we do well – and where we can do better.
If you want to have a say in how the Trust is governed and to find out more about the public health issues that affect King’s and the community it serves, you can become a Member of King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
We have a range of projects you can get involved in, from ongoing consultations and committees to one-off focus groups that advise our service improvement projects. You can take part even if you have only limited time or simply want to share your experiences at King's with us.
We are keen to involve as many people as possible in the work of the Trust, including patients, members of the local community and our Foundation Trust Members.
Here are some of the ways in which people are already involved and playing their part.
- Involving young people
- Students at Lambeth College, a local further education college, volunteer at King’s and take part in our Partnership Challenges as part of a programme of work with local businesses and organisations.
- Helping to train staff
- Our Members are helping to train King’s College London healthcare students by sharing their patient stories and experiences.
- Accessibility at Denmark Hill
- Foundation Trust Members played a leading role in the successful campaign to speed up work to improve disabled access at Denmark Hill railway station.
- Emergency Department redesign
- Patients, the public and our Members took part in focus groups as part of our consultation on the redesign of King’s Emergency Department.
- Find out more about our consultation projects and campaigns.
See our Engagement and Experience Strategy 2012 - 2015 for more details.
Become a member of King's and you can find out the many ways you can get involved.
If you would like more information about patient and public involvement at King’s, please contact:
Head of Patient and Public Involvement
Tel 020 3299 4618