What we do
We provide a full range of diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic radiology investigations. Our main services, which are all based at King's College Hospital's Denmark Hill site, are:
- X-ray – which produces images of the bones and chest.
- Ultrasound – which uses sound waves to produce images of organs such as the liver and kidneys as well as muscles.
- Computerised Tomography (CT) scan – which uses x-rays to produce detailed three-dimensional images of the body and head.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan – which uses a very powerful magnet and radio waves to produce images of the body and head.
- Interventional radiology – where x-ray images are used to guide the treatment of narrowed blood vessels and aortic aneurysms and to deliver certain cancer drugs without the need for major surgery.
Breast mammography is provided by our Breast Screening service.
Opening times and locations
- Walk-in service for chest and suspected fractures: X-ray 1, ground floor, Golden Jubilee Wing, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
- Appointments and non-urgent requests (your appointment letter will explain which location to attend):
- X-ray 1, ground floor, Golden Jubilee Wing, 8am-9am and 5pm-8pm; Wednesday and Thursday, some afternoon appointments
- Neuroradiology, Ground floor, Ruskin Wing, 8am – 6pm
- X-ray 1, Denmark Wing, Golden Jubilee Wing, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Ultrasound, Second floor, Denmark Wing, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Preparing for your appointment
You do not need to make any special preparations for most examinations. Your appointment letter will give you details, where necessary.
If you have any questions about your appointment, please contact us on the relevant number below.
Second floor, Denmark Wing, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 3111
- CT: +44 (0)20 3299 3361
- Fluoroscopy: +44 (0)20 3299 3111
- Main Reception ( alternative): +44 (0)20 3299 6302
- MRI: +44 (0)20 3299 1797
- Ultrasound: +44 (0)20 3299 3059
- Ultrasound (alternative): +44 (0)20 3299 3061
Conditions we treat
Our imaging service offers a full range of investigations including:
- CT, including biopsy, drainages, RFA
- ultrasound (not obstetrics)
- interventional radiology including HPB, peripheral vascular, EVAR and renal.
- The GP plain films x-ray service is based at King's College Hospital Denmark Hill site.
- An x-ray request form is needed, signed by a GP or healthcare professional and detailing the necessary clinical information to ensure that the appropriate x-rays are taken and reported.
- Patients with suspected fracture or chest pain should attend the walk-in service in X-ray 1, ground floor, Golden Jubilee Wing.
- All other appointments and non-urgent requests will be seen either in X-ray 1, ground floor, Golden Jubilee Wing or Neuroradiology, Ground floor, Ruskin Wing. Patients will be informed of the location in their appointment letter.
Breast Radiology provides breast imaging services for the South East London Breast Screening Programme and for King's College Hospital clinicians.
Interventional radiology and MRI and CT scans cannot be booked by GPs.
Booking a patient at King's
For plain film referrals, please tel 020 3299 6302/1525 and ask the patient to bring the request form with them.
For ultrasound referrals, please tel 020 3299 3059, and ensure a request form is sent to the ultrasound department so we can ensure the patient is correctly prepared.
For fluoroscopy referrals, please tel 020 3299 3331, and ensure a request form is sent to the ultrasound department so we can ensure the patient is correctly prepared.
Hospital-to-hospital referrals can be made by letter. Please include full clinical details; the examination/treatment required and full patient details.
All GP requests for fracture and chest pain x-rays will be reported immediately.
For advice and guidance please contact the relevant department using the routine referrals numbers.
Please complete the relevant form and note any pre-consultation investigations required:
Key Clinical Staff
|Dr Pamela Allen||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Thoraya Ammar||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Ajay Arora||Cosultant Radiologist|
|Dr Bhavna Batohi||Musculoskeletal Consultant|
|Dr Basrull Bhaludin||Consultant Radiologist|
|Miss Ann Briody||Interim Radiology Services Manager|
|Mrs Jane Clarke||Clinical specialist manager general Ultrasound Dept.|
|Mr Greg Cruickshank||Superintendent Radiographer Cardiac|
|Mrs Marcela De La Hoz Polo||MSK Radiology Consultant|
|Dr Sujal Desai||Consultant Diagnostic Radiology|
|Dr David Elias||Consultant Radiologist|
|Miss Karis Friend||Receptionist administrator|
|Dr Dr. Sangeeta Gandhi Gandhi||Dr|
|Dr Dr. Sangeeta Gandhi Gandhi||Dr|
|Mr Giorgio Garzillo||Consultant Interventional Radiologist|
|Dr Jane Goligher||CONSULTANT RADIOLOGIST|
|Mrs Sarah Gower||Superintendent Radiographer, Trauma & Orthopaedics|
|Mr Stephen Gregory||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Saira Haque||Consultant Paediatric Radiologist|
|Dr Venus Hedayati||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Dean Huang||Consultant Radiologist|
|Prof John Karani||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Nabil Kibriya||Consultant Radiologist (HPB)|
|Dr Sumantra Kumar||consultant|
|Dr Sumantra Kumar||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Rebecca Leung||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Dylan Lewis||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Shahram Maghsoudi||Consultant Breast Radiologist|
|Dr Lisa Meacock||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Anna Metafa||consultant|
|Dr Michael Michell||Consultant Radiologist, Breast Radiology and South East London Breast Screening Service & National Training Centre|
|Dr Gemma Miles||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Fiona Miller||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Juliet Morel||Consultant|
|Mr Peter Morris||Radiographer|
|Miss Michele Mtandabari||Modern Matron Diagnostics and Pain Services|
|Dr Nicola Mulholland||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Subhachandra Navaratne||Consultant Interventional Radiologist|
|Miss Margarita Nesbitt||Ultrasound Clinical Specialist|
|Mr Clare Peacock||consultant radiologist|
|Dr Praveen Peddu||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Rumana Rahim||doctor|
|Dr Hasti Robbie||ST5|
|Dr Dr Ryan Ryan||consultant radiologist|
|Dr Gemma Scott||Radiology registrar|
|Dr Maria Sellars||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Ali Sever||Consultant Radiologist|
|Mr Behnam Shaygi||IR|
|Mr Harry Smyth||Senior Radiographer|
|Dr Sa Tran||Consultant Radiologist|
|Mr Aris Vasilogiannakis||Honorary Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Gill Vivian||Consultant radiologist|
|Mr Simon Walsh||Dr|
|Dr Rema Wasan||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr Stephen Wastling||MRI Physicist|
|Dr Shalini Wijesuriya||Consultant Radiologist|
|Dr C. Jason Wilkins||Consultant radiologist|
|Dr Tim Yusuf||Consultant Interventional Radiologist|