Macmillan Information & Support Centre
The Macmillan drop-in centre at King’s provides help and support if you are living with – or have survived – cancer or any other long-term condition. We're also here to assist your carers, your relatives and your friends.
We're in the Cicely Saunders Institute next to Bessemer Wing. You will find us clearly marked on King's campus map.
Come and see us or give us a call if you would like:
- detailed information about cancer or other long-term conditions
- help with living with the consequences of a difficult diagnosis
- to talk through your care options and get further assistance
- help with living well after cancer or another long-term condition.
What we offer
Having the right kind of information and support, at the right time, is essential, whether you are newly diagnosed or have been living with your condition for some time.
Our centre is staffed by a centre manager and a small team of trained volunteers who can help you and offer you a space where you can sit quietly, relax, read or make a cup of tea.
We also have two computers that you can use for work or to keep in touch with friends and family.
To help you maintain your independence and ensure you have a say in your care, we can also offer you online Information Prescriptions explaining how and where to get advice and support, so you can access this when you need it.
In addition we host many of the 25-plus support groups in South East London as well as the Wig Clinic, which is held here twice a month.
- Drop in:
- Feel free to drop in to the Macmillan Information & Support Centre at King’s and talk to one of us face to face in confidence in a calm, relaxing environment – you do not need to make an appointment. You can discuss all aspects of living with – and after – cancer and long-term conditions, and read about treatments, side-effects and other disease-related issues such as how to apply for benefits.
- Call us:
- You can also give us a call us on 020 3299 5229 and talk to someone about your support and treatment needs.
Contact details and opening times
We are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
For more information, please call us on 020 3299 5229.
You can also find out about how our Palliative Care team helps patients with serious or life-limiting illnesses as well as support family and carers.