As a Foundation Trust, King’s has a membership made up of local people, patients and staff. Being a Member gives you more say in how your local hospital is run.
We count on our Members for feedback, local knowledge, fundraising and support as well as to vote for Governors who represent Members’ interests. In return, you have the chance to find out more about our hospital or get involved in a range of activities to help improve services and our local communities.
To be a Member, you must be 16 or older and answer 'yes' to at least one of the questions below.
- I live in Lambeth, Southwark, Bromley or Lewisham.
- I have been an outpatient, inpatient, attended A&E or a carer of a patient of King’s (Denmark Hill, Princess Royal Hospital or Orpington Hospital in the last six years).
- I work at King’s – employees can become Staff Members.
Fill in our membership form to get involved and make a difference.
- @King's newsletter
- Get up-to-date information from King’s and our Academic Health Sciences Centre – King’s Health Partners – about our services, King’s in the news, medical breakthroughs, new developments and building projects, Governors’ news and how you can get more involved in the hospital. @King's is available online, or you can have it sent to you by email or post.
- Members' health talks
- Meet our doctors and nurses and find out about health issues, different illnesses and conditions and how to prevent and treat them as well as the latest research developments. Find out more about upcoming Members' Seminars.
- Have your say
- Help us to improve everything from patient services and patient information to local transport links and the environment. Members have already campaigned successfully for disabled access at Denmark Hill Station.
- Vote for your Governors – or why not even stand yourself?
- Community Events
- Meet Directors and Governors and give your views on the future of King’s.
There are all kinds of other activities that Members can get involved with, such as helping improve King’s patient food, attending In Your Shoes listening events and improving services by helping us to gather patient feedback.
“Being a part of King’s has been a great experience. I was recently a patient and the service was excellent and now I want to give something back.”
If you have any questions about membership, please contact our Membership team:
Tel 020 3299 8785
To find out more about how we are regulated by Monitor, and the Trust's Constitution, visit the Monitor website.