What we do
Our team provides confidential medical, social and welfare support for people living with human immuno-deficiency virus (HIV). You can either make an appointment or come to one of our emergency walk-in clinics at the Caldecot Centre. We see newly diagnosed patients at a specialist clinic. We also run a satellite clinic at Paxton Green GP surgery.
Come to our walk-in service at Camberwell Sexual Health Centre if you want:
- an HIV test
- to begin post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) within 72 hours of exposure to HIV.
At the Caldecot Centre we offer:
- Regular follow-up appointments with doctors and nurses.
- An emergency service for urgent HIV-related problems.
- Antiretroviral treatment.
- Sexual health screening, smear tests and contraceptive advice.
- Counselling and health advice.
- Nutrition and dietary advice.
- A specialist pharmacy for HIV drugs and other essential medication.
- An antenatal clinic with a specialist midwife for HIV-positive women who are pregnant.
- A family clinic for children and adolescents with HIV.
- Specialist clinics for people with HIV and TB or liver problems such as hepatitis.
- Advice and support on social and welfare issues.
- Results by email/phone for routine blood tests.
Appointment-only clinic times
Monday: 9am - 5pm
Tuesday: 9am - 7.30pm
Wednesday: 12.45pm - 8pm
Thursday: 8am - 5pm
Friday: 8am - 5pm
Caldecot Pharmacy opening times
Monday: 9am - 5.30pm (closed 1pm - 2pm)
Tuesday: 9am - 5.30pm (closed 1pm - 2pm)
Wednesday: 1pm - 5.30pm
Thursday: 8am - 5.30pm (closed 1pm - 2pm)
Friday: 9am - 4.30pm (closed 1pm - 2pm)
We are closed on bank (public) holidays.
Emergency walk-in clinics
Monday: 10am - 11.30am
Tuesday: 10am - 11.30am
Wednesday: 2pm - 3.30pm
Thursday: 10am - 11.30am
Friday: 10am - 11.30am
The emergency walk-in clinic is closed on bank holidays.
HIV Treatment Information Base has more information about HIV and its treatment.
For more information about a wide range of sexual health issues, visit www.fpa.org.uk and search for: leaflet and booklet downloads.
King's HIV Research Centre is a leader in research into HIV-associated kidney disease in the UK. It has a number of clinical trials and observational studies in which patients are encouraged to participate.
Ground floor, Caldecot Centre, 15-22 Caldecot Road, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 5000
Patient Information Leaflets
Conditions we treat
The Caldecot Centre is a dedicated clinic that serves the social and welfare needs of people living with HIV, whether they are newly diagnosed, have symptoms or have AIDS.
Services include regular appointments with clinicians as well as HIV testing counselling provided by health advisers.
A satellite pharmacy provides rapid access to drug dispensing for this patient group.
We have general medical beds in Lonsdale Ward for the care of patients with HIV.
We run specialist antenatal clinics attended by a specialist midwife for women with HIV. We also run a specialist paediatric clinic for families with HIV and their children.
Other specialist clinics include those for people with HIV and liver problems, tuberculosis or problems with antiretroviral treatment.
Booking a patient at King's
We will contact referrals within two working days and offer them an appointment within five working days.
Please complete the referral form below or write a referral letter and email it to kch-tr.SexualHealthSecretaries@nhs.net
To discuss referrals, contact:
- Dr Chris Taylor, Consultant Physician, tel 020 3299 3478
- Mark Young, HIV CNS, tel 020 3299 4383 / 07890 251264
For emergency inpatient referrals, call 020 3299 9000 and ask for the specialist registrar to be bleeped on 515.
For information about antiretroviral drug interactions, contact our specialist pharmacy team on 020 3299 3851.
Please complete the relevant form and note any pre-consultation investigations required:
Key Clinical Staff
|Dr Alex Accoroni||Clinical Psychologist|
|Miss Julie Barker||HIV Clinical Nurse Specialist|
|Dr Killian Quinn||Consultant in Sexual Health and HIV|
|Dr Chris Taylor||Consultant HIV|
|Mr Mark Young||Matron - HIV & Health Improvement|