Referring a patient
All urgent or routine referrals to King's for outpatient consultations should be made electronically. This method is quicker and more secure, and ensures we receive your request.
You can refer in the following ways:
- check the services A-Z for detailed referral information
- GPs must refer via NHS e-Referral (e-RS) to consultant-led clinics. If no capacity is available, use the ‘Defer to Provider’ option
- other healthcare professionals can also email kch-tr.KCHReferrals@nhs.net.
All suspected cancer referrals should be sent via our two-week wait referral pathway.
Advice for GPs managing and referring acutely unwell medical patients
GPs can call the King's TALK service phoneline to discuss rapid outpatient review, and for clinical advice or admission avoidance for acutely unwell patients.
Phone 020 3299 6613 and select:
- Option 1: Geriatric Medicine - available 24/7
- Option 2: Acute Medicine - available 24/7. Mondays to Fridays, 8am-5pm, your call will be taken by an Acute Medicine consultant. Outside these hours including bank holidays, your call will be taken by the on-call Medical Registrar.
- Option 3: Paediatrics - available Monday to Friday, 8.30am-10pm; Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays, 8.30am-5pm.