Referring a patient
All urgent or routine referrals to King's for outpatient consultations should be made electronically. This method is quicker and more secure, and ensures we receive your request. You can refer either:
- Via NHS e-Referral - most services can be booked this way - or
- By email - send one referral per email to kch-tr.KCHReferrals@nhs.net, or
- check the service A-Z for more detailed referral information, including departmental email addresses where available.
All suspected cancer referrals should be emailed via our two-week wait referral pathway.
Advice for GPs managing and referring acutely unwell medical patients
GPs can call the King's TALK service phoneline to discuss rapid outpatient review, and for clinical advice or admission avoidance for acutely unwell patients.
Phone 020 3299 6613 and select:
- Option 1: Geriatric Medicine - available 24/7
- Option 2: Acute Medicine - available Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm (not available on bank holidays)
- Option 3: Paediatrics - available Monday to Friday, 8.30am-10pm; Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays, 8.30am-5pm.