King's Medical Engineering and Physics (MEP) department provides scientific and bioengineering services to King's College Hospital and other hospitals in the region and beyond. Our team of clinical scientists and technologists are trained in physics or engineering and often have specialist training in medical physics.
Our activities cover the fields of:
- radiation protection
- medical equipment management
- vascular investigations using medical ultrasound
- rehabilitation engineering
- design and development of medical equipment
- quality assurance
- software development.
Our KCARE imaging equipment evaluation centre provides the NHS with advice on the selection and purchasing of radiological equipment. For more information, visit: www.kcare.co.uk.
We also have a training section which provides training for King's employees and offers courses for other health professionals. These include radiation protection and medical equipment training plus an award-winning master's degree (MSc) in Medical Engineering and Physics.
Medical Engineering and Physics (MEP)
King’s College Hospital
124-126 Denmark Hill
London SE5 8RX
Tel 020 3299 3491
Fax 020 3299 3314
Our team of specialist professionals provides a full range of occupational health services and support to promote the wellbeing of employees.
Services are tailored to the needs of the individual organisation and include:
- pre-employment health screening
- occupational health assessment
- workplace assessment
- statutory health surveillance
- counselling and psychiatric support
- training and health promotion
- medico-legal advice
- bespoke management reporting and strategic consulting on a range of corporate health and management issues.
Department of Occupational Health and Wellbeing
King's College Hospital
3rd Floor, Jenny Lee House
London SE5 8AD
Tel 020 3299 3387
Fax 020 3299 1765
As a partner in KHP (King’s Health Partners) King’s College Hospital now undertakes the sourcing, ordering and purchasing of goods and services via one procurement portal. The portal offers a single gateway to access procurement opportunities from all partners who have a combined spend of circa £620m per annum.
- information on existing and forthcoming contract opportunities
- details of staff involved in procuring goods and services
- guidance on the King's Health Partner's procurement procedures.