Orthopaedics and trauma
What we do
Our services include:
- correction of common foot and ankle problems and complex deformities
- hip joint and revision surgery, hip resurfacing, treatment of hip problems in young adults, treatment of sickle cell hip disease
- treatment of acute knee injuries including sports injuries, ACL reconstruction, arthroscopic and joint replacement surgery and revisions
- limb reconstruction, correction of deformities, limb lengthening and treatment of limb infections
- paediatric orthopaedics, including neonatal hip screening, treatment of club foot and other common limb problems, rapid-access physiotherapy clinic, correction of limb deformities and lengthening
- shoulder, elbow, hand and wrist surgery.
For back pain see Rheumatology and for spine conditions see Spinal surgery. We do not treat cerebral palsy.
Suite 3, Ground Floor, Golden Jubilee Wing, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Outpatient appointments: +44 (0)20 3299 1919
Patient information leaflets
|Therapy while your arm is in a sling||746 KB|
Conditions we treat
- Foot and ankle: common problems and complex deformities.
- Hip: primary and revision joint replacement surgery, resurfacing, young adult hip problems and sickle cell hip disease.
- Knee: acute injuries including sports injuries, ACL reconstruction, arthroscopic and joint replacement surgery including revision surgery.
- Limb reconstruction: complex trauma, non unions, deformity corrections, bone infections, limb lengthening.
- Paediatric orthopaedics: neonatal hip screening, clubfoot including ponsetti technique, common limb problems, physio practitioner clinic for rapid access, limb deformity correction and lengthening. Cerebral palsy and spinal services are not provided.
- Upper limb: shoulder, elbow and wrist surgery.
We do not provide spinal or back pain (rheumatology) services.
Booking a patient at King’s
GPs should refer via NHS e-referral (e-RS) wherever possible.
Other ways to refer
GPs should use NHS e-Referral. Other referrers can make referrals, including Limb Reconstruction, Fracture Clinic and urgent referrals, by emailing: [email protected]. This inbox is monitored Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
To make an urgent referral:
- GPs should use NHS e-Referral where possible and state that the referral is urgent. For Fracture Clinic, email: [email protected]. This inbox is monitored Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- other referrers can email all urgent and Fracture Clinic referrals to: [email protected]. This inbox is monitored Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Send emergency patients to ED with a letter. If patient has had an x-ray, ask them to bring it with them. If needed, contact the on-call registrar via 020 3299 9000 for advice.
For advice and guidance on routine and urgent referrals, contact the appointments co-ordinator on 020 3299 1919.
For urgent clinical advice, contact the on-call registrar via switchboard, tel: 020 3299 9000.
Key Clinical Staff
|Mr Naveen Abhishetty||Specialty Doctor in Orthopaedics|
|Mr Saurabh Aggarwal||Locum Orthopaedic Consultant|
|Mr Raju Ahluwalia||Consultant|
|Mr Barry Andrews||Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon|
|Mr Panamoottil Anil Kumar||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Anand Arya||Consultant - Trauma and Orthopaedics (special interest in Upper Limb and Elbow Surgery)|
|Mr Mohit Bansal||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Krishna Boddu Siva Rama||Consultant|
|Mrs Julie Brooker||Fractured Neck or Femur Clinical Nurse Specialist|
|Mrs Shayne Burch||Trauma Orthopaedic Clinical Nurse Specialist|
|Mrs Sara Chabi||Fracture Liaison Nurse Specialist|
|Mr Mark Chatterton||Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Alvin Chen||Consultant|
|Mr Toby Colegate-Stone||Consultant|
|Mr Jon Compson||Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics|
|Mr Jasvinder Daurka||Locum Consultant|
|Mr Dominic Davenport||Consultant Surgeon Trauma and Orthopaedics|
|Mr John Edwin||Senior Clinical Fellow Orthopaedics|
|Mr Abd-Allah El-Ashmawy||Senior clinical fellow|
|Mr A Basyuni El-Basyuni||Senior Clinical Fellow|
|Mx Ibraheim El-Daly||Consultant|
|Mr Mike Enchill-Yawson||Associate Specialist|
|Mr Vasanth Eswaramoorthy||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Mohamed Zubair Farook||Senior Clinical Fellow|
|Mr Edmund Fitzgerald O'Connor||Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon|
|Miss Victoria Frosdick||Arthroplasty Pathway Coordinator / Specialist Orthopaedic Physiotherapist|
|Mr Matthew Gee||Consultant|
|Mr Paul Gill||Consultant Orthopaedic and Knee Surgeon|
|Mr Graeme Groom||Consultant|
|Mr Abhi Gulihar||Consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon|
|Mx Rohit Gupta||Consultant|
|Mr Paul Harnett||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Adib Hasan||Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedics, Foot and Ankle Surgery|
|Mr Karthik Karuppaiah||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Prof Venu Kavarthapu||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Ozzy Khan||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Sandeep Kohli||Locum Consultant|
|Mr Manju Koti||Associate Specialist|
|Mr Srikumar Krishnan Nair||Senior Clinical Fellow|
|Mr Steven Kyriacou||Senior Clinical Fellow|
|Mr Om Lahoti||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Patrick Li||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Mani Mani||Consultant|
|Mr Sarah McMahon||Locum Consultant (bank)|
|Mr Stratos Papadelis||Knee Fellow|
|Mr Mirant Parikh||Consultant|
|Miss Sarah Phillips||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Robbie Ray||Consultant|
|Ms Ines Reichert||Consultant|
|Miss Victoria Rose||Consultant Plastic Surgeon|
|Mr Aaron Saini||Consultant Trauma & Limb Reconstruction|
|Mr Sandesh Shetty||Senior Clinical Felllow|
|Mr Gaurav Singh||Clinical Lead Occupational Therapist|
|Mr Joydeep Sinha||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Shaun Stewart||Charge Nurse|
|Ms Krissie Stiles||Orthoplastic Clinical Nurse Specialist|
|Mr Ramon Tahmassebi||Consultant|
|Mr Adel Tavakkolizadeh||Consultant Trauma and Upper Limb Surgeon|
|Mr Rajat Varma||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Ash Vasireddy||Consultant Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon|
|Mr Marc Weathers||Orthopaedic Technician|
|Mr Stefan Weitzel||Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|
|Mr Michael Wilkinson||Honorary Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon|