What we do
King's Urology diagnoses and treats uro-genital tract conditions, including diseases of the kidneys, ureter, bladder, prostate and male sexual organs.
We provide general and specialist care to the local community and patients from the South East and beyond.
We perform all major surgery using minimally invasive techniques which means less pain, fewer complications and shorter hospital stays.
Our laparoscopic team now performs some operations including prostate and kidney removal through the umbilicus (belly button) leaving no scars.
We are also carrying out research trials of photodynamic therapy (PDT) for prostate cancer and CT-guided cryotherpy for renal cancer.
We are part of King's Health Partners (KHP), a collaboration of clinical, academic and research activities with Guy's and St Thomas's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Preparing for your appointment
Please bring a list of all medications you are taking to clinic appointments.
Suite 7, Golden Jubilee Wing, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 2428
- Urology Outpatient Appointments: +44 (0)20 3299 1919
Patient Information Leaflets
Conditions we treat
Our general services include diagnosis and treatment of:
- male lower urinary tract symptoms
- female voiding dysfunction
- urinary tract infection
- raised PSA and prostate cancer
- haematuria and bladder cancer
- renal cancer
- stone disease
- male sexual dysfunction
- peno-scrotal conditions.
Our specialist services include:
- minimally invasive urological surgery including single port surgery
- laparoscopic nephrectomy, partial nephrectomy, radical prostatectomy and renal cryotherapy
- trauma surgery for the uro-genital tract
- reconstructive urology
- CT-guided renal cryotherpy
- photodynamic and cryotherapy for prostate cancer
- specialist multidiscplinary pelvic surgery with uro-gynaecology and colo-proctology.
Booking a patient at King's
Appointments for this service are made via the national Choose and Book system. Please see the Choose and Book page for more information.
Other ways to refer
For routine referrals, please contact us by fax or post:
Fax: 020 3299 3914
Post: Department of Urology
King's College Hospital
London SE5 9RS
To contact the on-call Urology Registrar, please call King's switchboard on 020 3299 9000.
For advice and guidance for urgent referrals, please contact:
- 020 3299 3224 during office hours.
- 020 3299 9000 after 5pm and ask for the on-call Urology Registrar
- Or fax referrals to: 020 3299 3914
Key Clinical Staff
|Mr Munir Ahmed||Consultant Urological Surgeon|
|Mr Randolph Ballesteros||Urology Oncology Nurse|
|Mr Christian Brown||Consultant Urologist and Laparoscopic Surgeon|
|Mrs Jo Downs||Urology Matron|
|Mr Lawrence Drudge-Coates||Urological Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist & Honorary Lecturer|
|Mr Abdull-Salam El-Musbahi||Locum Consultant|
|Miss Archie Fernando||SpR|
|Mrs Jane Feuer||Urology Nurse Specialist|
|Mr Philippe Grange||Consultant Laparoscopic Surgeon|
|Mr Mohamed Hammadeh||Consultant|
|Dr Sarah Harris||Consultant Clinical Oncologist|
|Mrs Vitra Khati||Nurse Specialist/Macmillan|
|Mr Gordon Kooiman||Consultant Laparoscopic and Urological Surgeon|
|Mr Gordon Muir||Consultant Urologist|
|Mr Johan Poulsen||Consultant Urologist|
|Mr Ahmed Qteishat||Locum Consultant|
|Ms Funlola Sorunke||Clinical Nurse Specialist|
|Miss Claire Taylor||Consultant Urologist|
|Mr Peter M Thompson||Consultant Urologist|
|Mr Angelika Zang||Consultant|