What we do
We treat conditions that affect the peripheral nerves (which are like electric telephone wires that send messages up and down the arms and legs) such as peripheral neuropathy and Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy) .
We are a Centre of Excellence for treatment of Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) and Guillain-Barré Syndrome, as designated by the GBS-CIDP Foundation International.
- investigations including electromyography (EMG)
- nerve biopsies
- skin biopsies for small fibre neuropathy
- somatosensory evoked potentials (SSEP)
- intravenous and home subcutaneous immunoglobulin, with specialist nurse
- plasma exchange through peripheral venous access.
Suite 5, First Floor, Golden Jubilee Wing, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 1551
- Neurology Secretary: +44 (0)20 3299 1551
Conditions we treat
- peripheral neuropathy of any type
- chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP)
- paraproteinaemic demyelinating neuropathy
- vasculitic neuropathy
- genetic neuropathies including Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and relatives of known cases
- small fibre neuropathy
- entrapment/compressive mono-neuropathies (excluding simple carpal tunnel syndrome and simple root compression).
We see tertiary referrals only. Patients suffering from tingling/numbness of an unknown cause should be referred to a general neurology clinic in the first instance.
For information on King's neuropathology diagnostic services available to DGH consultants, see our guide for referrers.
What is required before referring a patient
Please send full results of all previous EMGs (including numbers, not just conclusion), relevant blood tests, and imaging (ideally paper report and images on CD-ROM).
Booking a patient at King's
Routine referrals should be made in writing to:
Dr Rob Hadden, Consultant Neurologist
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
London SE5 9RS
For emergency referrals, contact the neurology secretary:
Tel 020 3299 1551
For other advice and queries, contact the neurology secretary:
Tel 020 3299 1551
Please complete the relevant form and note any pre-consultation investigations required:
Key Clinical Staff
|Dr Rob Hadden||Consultant Neurologist|