What we do
We provide dental care, including surgery, for children aged 15 years and under:
- with any complex medical, physical and/or behavioural disability
- who have trauma injuries both to their baby and their adult teeth
- who have problems with how their teeth are growing
- who have gum disease
- who have mouth and face conditions
- who need a large number of decayed teeth removed.
We treat children as part of our undergraduate trainee dental surgeon programme and see only a strictly limited number of patients to fit with teaching needs.
First floor, Dental Institute, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 3055
- Change/cancel follow-up appointments: +44 (0)20 3299 3055
- Change/cancel new appointments: +44 (0)20 3299 4988
- Change/cancel sedation appointments: +44 (0)20 3299 3783
Conditions we treat
For full information about the conditions we treat, please refer to the 'Guidance Notes for Paediatric Referrals' below.
You should follow the guidelines carefully and ensure that you complete all the required sections on the 'Paediatric Dentistry Referral Form' below.
Please note that referrals to this service are received and processed by our Community special care dentistry team. Patients will be directed to the appropriate South London hospital following triage.
Booking a patient at King's
Referrals must be made using the referral form below, accompanied by radiographs/photos where appropriate. Electronic referrals are preferred. Please email via an NHS Mail account.
Fax: 020 3299 3267
Post: Community Special Care Dental Referrals, Ground Floor, 161 Denmark Hill, London SE5 8EF
For emergency referrals between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday, tel 020 3299 3052, (not bank holidays).
Out of hours, patients should go to the Emergency Department.
For all other queries, contact the Paediatric Dental Clinic on 020 3299 2514.
Please complete the relevant form and note any pre-consultation investigations required:
Key Clinical Staff
|Mrs Meera Ahluwalia||Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry|
|Miss Laura Brown||Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry|
|Ms Marielle Kabban||Consultant|
|Mrs Liege Lourenço-Matharu||Associate Specialist In Dental Paediatric Sedation|
|Ms Julie Mitchell||Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry|
|Mr Sanjeev Sood||Consultant|
|Miss Clair laura Taylor||Specialist Dental Technician Paedodontics|