What we do
We provide dental care, including surgery, for children:
- with any complex medical, physical and/or behavioural disability
- who have trauma injuries both to their baby and their adult teeth
- who have problems with how their teeth are growing
- who have gum disease
- who have mouth and face conditions
- who need a large number of decayed teeth removed.
This service treats children as part of our undergraduate trainee dental surgeon programme. We see only a strictly limited number of patients to fit with teaching needs.
First floor, Dental Institute, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 3055
Conditions we treat
- medically compromised children, ie patients who have undergone organ transplant, had treatment for leukaemia, are immunosuppressed, have major cardiac abnormalities or haematological disorders and/or are ASA III and above
- special needs children with behavioural problems such as autism
- dental and dento-alveolar trauma
- tooth structural defects such as enamel hypoplasia, amelogensis imperfecta and dentinogenesis imperfecta
- dental anomalies such as hypodontia and supernumeries
- early onset periodontal disease
- children with extensive erosion.
Surgical procedures include the removal of supernumerary teeth, impacted or infra occluded teeth, and exposure and bonding of canines.
We also diagnose and/or biopsy pathological lesions and hard/soft tissue.
Booking a patient at King's
For routine referrals, contact Paediatric Dental Reception on 020 3299 3055 or send a referral letter to:
Paediatric Dental Department
The Dental Institute
King's College Hospital
London SE5 9RS
For emergency referrals between 9am - 4pm, Monday to Friday, ring 020 3299 3052. Out of hours, patients should go to the ED.
For all other queries, contact the Paediatric Dental Clinic on 020 3299 2514.
Please complete the relevant form and note any pre-consultation investigations required:
Key Clinical Staff
|Mrs Meera Ahluwalia||Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry|
|Miss Laura Brown||Locum Consultant|
|Prof Marie-Therese Hosey||Honorary Consultant|
|Ms Marielle Kabban||Consultant|
|Mrs Liege Lourenço-Matharu||Associate Specialist In Dental Paediatric Sedation|
|Ms Julie Mitchell||Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry|
|Miss Clair laura Taylor||Specialist Dental Technician Paedodontics|