What we do
We treat patients with a range of disorders of the endocrine (hormonal) system such as the thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands, and work closely with the neurosurgery, endocrine surgery and endocrinology inpatient teams. Patients have investigations in our dedicated programmed investigation unit (PIU). We also have a specialist isolation room for patients with thyroid cancer who need radioactive iodine therapy
We diagnose and treat people with conditions including:
- pituitary disease
- growth and puberty disorders
- adrenal disease including adrenal cancer
- neuroendocrine tumours (NETs) including those of the pancreas and bowel
- thyroid disorders such as nodules, goitres, hyper and hypothyroidism (over and underactive thyroid) and thyroid cancer
- reproductive disorders
- parathyroid diseases including parathyroid cancer
- severe obesity.
Our team sees patients in a number of clinics:
- Rapid Access, One-stop Thyroid Nodule and Neck Lump
- Thyroid Oncology (tumour)
- General Thyroid Clinic (hypo and hyperthyroidism)
- Adolescent Endocrine
- General Endocrine
- Reproductive Medicine
Preparing for your appointment
Please bring to your appointment a list of all medications you are taking.
If you are referred to King's for obesity, you will be sent a questionnaire. Please complete this and bring it with your to your appointment.
Suite 3, Golden Jubilee Wing, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 3237
Patient Information Leaflets
Conditions we treat
We treat patients (referred by primary care and tertiary referrers) with a range of endocrine disorders including:
- thyroid disease – multinodular goitre, single nodule, thyroid cancer, hypo and hyperthyroidsm, redo thyroid operations,post-partum thyroid problems, drug-induced thyroid dysfunction
- hypothalamic pituitary disorders – functioning and non-functioning pituitary adenomas
- parathyroid disease – hyperparathyroidism, adenoma, multiglandular hyperplasia, parathyroid cancer
- adrenal disease – adrenal hypertension, Cushing’s syndrome, Conn's syndrome, phaeochromocytoma, hydroxylase deficiencies, adrenal cancer, redo adrenal operations
- neuroendocrine tumours – pancreas NET, insulinoma, glucagonoma, NET of the bowel and thymus, multiple endocrine, neoplasia type I and II
- severe obesity – BMI>40
We also offer dietary advice, occupational therapy and psychological support.
Booking a patient at King's
Appointments for this service are made via the national Choose and Book system. Please see the Choose and Book page for more information.
Other ways to refer
For routine referrals 9am-5pm, contact the on-call endocrine SpR via King’s main switchboard, tel 020 3299 9000, bleep 188.
Referrals can also be faxed to 020 3299 3790.
Or posted to:
King's College Hospital
London SE5 9RS
For patients with neck lumps and thyroid swelling, please see Thyroid nodule or swelling diagnosis algorithm for referral guidance. For other neck lumps, see Oral and Maxillofacial surgery for the head and neck bump clinic.
For emergency referrals 9am-5pm, contact the on-call endocrine SpR via King’s main switchboard, tel 020 3299 9000, bleep 188.
Out of hours, patients with endocrine problems can be referred to the on-call medical team via King’s main switchboard, tel 020 3299 9000.
For patients with neck lumps and thyroid swelling, please see Thyroid nodule or swelling diagnosis algorithm for referral guidance.
If an urgent referral is needed, fill in the appropriate Thyroid or Neck Lump referral form below. For other neck lumps, see Oral and Maxillofacial surgery for the head and neck bump clinic.
Please complete the relevant form and note any pre-consultation investigations required:
Key Clinical Staff
|Dr Simon Aylwin||Consultant Endocrinologist and Lead clinician for Endocrinology|
|Mrs Maria Campbell||Pathway Co-ordinator|
|Ms Patsy Coskeran||Endocrine Specialist Nurse|
|Dr Salvador J. Diaz-Cano||Consultant Histopathologist & Molecular and Research Head|
|Dr Jackie Gilbert||Consultant Physician and Endocrinologist|
|Dr A Lulsegged||Consultant Physician, Endocrinology, Diabetes|
|Miss Julia Palasinska||Pathway Co-ordinator|
|Dr Aswathiah Srinath||Locum Medical Consultant|
|Dr Gill Vivian||Nuclear Medicine Consultant Physician|
|Dr Ben Whitelaw||Consultant|