What we do
The dermatology team provides a comprehensive service for adults and children with skin problems. In addition to the general skin clinic, there are specialist clinics for early diagnosis and management of skin cancer, mole checks, children's dermatology, hyperhidrosis, cutaneous infections, vulval skin disorders and cutaneous sarcoid.
We work closely with other specialists at King's and have particular expertise in the management of connective tissue skin disease, graft versus host disease, skin surveillance in liver and renal transplant recipients and skin problems in ethnic minority populations.
Ground floor, Normanby Building, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 3258
- Dermatology appointment queries: kch-tr.DermatologyAppointments@nhs.net
Conditions we treat
In addition to the general dermatology clinics, we also hold specialist clinics for:
- paediatric dermatology
- rapid access skin cancer
- cutaneous surgery
- vulval dermatoses
- connective tissue diseases
- diphencyprone treatment of recalcitrant viral warts and alopecia areata
- botox therapy for axillary hyperhidrosis
- cutaneous surveillance for solid organ transplant recipients
- and psychological support for patients with skin disorders within the department
Facilities include two dedicated minor operation theatres, phototherapy facilities (TL01 and PUVA), day treatment facilities, nurse-led clinics and iontophoresis.
Booking a patient at King's
Appointments for this service are made via the national e-Referral Service. Please see the e-referral page for more information.
Other ways to refer
Email routine referrals to kch-tr.KCHReferrals@nhs.net or book directly via Choose and Book under one of the following named services:
- Adult General Dermatology-Dermatology Dept-King's College Hospital-RJZ
- Changing Pigmented lesion-DermatologyDept-King's College Hospital-RJZ
To speak directly with the Duty Registrar to arrange for a patient to be seen urgently, please call 020 3299 9000 Bleep 214.
For suspected cancer referrals use the two week wait pathway.
- For advice and guidance for urgent referrals
- please contact the Duty Registrar on 020 3299 9000 Bleep 214
- For advice and guidance for routine referrals
- please email kch-tr.KCHReferrals@nhs.net
Key Clinical Staff
|Dr Saqib Bashir||Consultant Dermatologist with a Special Interest in Dermatological Surgery|
|Dr Tanya Basu||Consultant Dermatologist|
|Dr Ai-Lean Chew||Consultant|
|Dr Daniel Creamer||Consultant|
|Dr John Ferguson||Consultant Dermatologist|
|Mrs Penny Hawkes||dermatology nurse practitioner|
|Prof Roderick Hay||Consultant Dermatologist with a special interest in Infectious Diseases|
|Mr David Heron||Matron Dermatology|
|Dr Alvin Lee||Consultant Dermatologist|
|Dr Theng Theng Lew||Consultant Dermatologist|
|Dr Rachael Morris-Jones||Consultant|
|Dr Sweta Rai||Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatological Surgeon|
|Dr Sanjay Rajpara||consultant dermatologist and derm(Mohs) surgeon|
|Dr Aisling Ryan||Consultant Dermatologist|
|Dr Sarah Walsh||Consultant Dermatologist|