If the King's outpatient service you wish to refer into is not available to you on the e-Referral Service, either:
- check the service A-Z for specific referral information, including departmental email addresses where available, or
- email kch-tr.KCHReferrals@nhs.net.
Please send only one referral per email - emails with multiple referrals attached will delay the process.
All urgent referrals for suspected cancer should be made via the two week wait referral pathway.
Address your referral to minimise waiting times
Where possible, address all referrals to 'Dear Doctor' and indicate the specialty to which you wish to refer. This maximises opportunities to pool referrals and minimises patient waits. However, you can refer to named consultants, in accordance with specialist interests or patient preferences.
Include mandatory referral information
Your referral must contain the following minimum information. If your referral is incomplete the Appointment Team will need to contact you for further information and it may be rejected.
- Specialty referred to
- Referral date
About the patient
- Relevant medical details – ie current and past medical problems, medication, biochemical results
- Reason for referral
- Patient’s full name
- NHS number
- King’s hospital number (or whether the patient has attended King’s before)
- Date of birth
- Full address, including postcode
- Home and telephone mobile phone numbers indicating the patient’s preferred contact number
- Email address (if they have one)
- Please tell us if the patient does not have a phone or if there is a carer/advocate we should be liaising with
- Please tell us if the patient needs an interpreter/advocate/other special assistance
About the GP/GDP
- Full name and address of referring GP/GDP and practice name including email address and phone number.
- Full name and address of registered GP/GDP practice including email address and phone number.
Attach the relevant referral form
If a relevant referral form is available, complete and email the document with your referral letter.