Vascular and endovascular surgery
What we do
We investigate and treat:
- Aortic disease – aneurysms (any site); acute and chronic dissections: We have extensive experience of multidisciplinary open and endovascular treatment of all types of aortic aneurysm disease, including international collaboration.
- Carotid disease, symptomatic carotid stenosis, carotid aneurysm, carotid body tumours: We are one of London’s leading carotid centres and work with our internationally renowned Neurology unit.
- Peripheral vascular disease – intermittent claudication, diabetic foot disease, peripheral aneurysms: We are national and international leaders in diabetic foot management.
- Venous disease – varicose veins, deep venous disease.
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Carotid body tumours
- Leg ulcers.
In addition we:
- support King’s large renal and dialysis service, including providing access for haemodialysis, and are one of the most experienced centres in the UK for simple, complex and revision surgery for vascular access
- provide an emergency haemostasis and reconstructive service for King’s Major Trauma Unit.
Second floor, Bessemer Wing, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Bank PRUH/BB Secretary: +44 (0)20 3299 4229
- Vascular Admissions: +44 (0)20 3299 7634
- Vascular Admissions: +44 (0)20 3299 2509
- Vascular Referrals by email: [email protected]
Conditions we treat
- Aortic disease: aneurysms (any site), acute and chronic dissections
- Carotid disease: symptomatic carotid stenosis, carotid aneurysm, carotid body tumours
- Peripheral vascular disease: intermittent claudication, diabetic foot disease, peripheral aneurysms
- Venous disease: varicose veins, deep venous disease
- Provision of access for haemodialysis
- Miscellaneous: thoracic outlet syndrome, hyperhidrosis, carotid body tumours, leg ulcers
- Trauma: haemostasis and reconstruction.
What is required before referring a patient
For all patients likely to require contrast-enhanced investigation: eGFR.
Confirmation that referral is within current CCG guidelines.
Booking a patient at King’s
GPs should refer via NHS e-referral (e-RS) wherever possible.
Other ways to refer
Other healthcare professionals can email routine referrals to [email protected]
GPs should make urgent referrals via NHS e-Referral. State on the referral that it is urgent.
Key Clinical Staff
|Mr Raghvinder Gambhir||Consultant|
|Ms Camille Macapagal||Vascular Clinical Nurse Specialist (PRUH)|
|Miss Indira Maharaj||Vascular Nurse Specialist|
|Mr Hiren Mistry||Locum Consultant Vascular Surgeon|
|Mr Tim Parkinson||Consultant|
|Mr Hisham Rashid||Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Honorary Senior Lecturer|
|Mr Hani Slim||consultant|
|Prof Domenico Valenti||Consultant Vascular Surgeon|
|Ms Debbie Williams||Advanced Nurse Practioner|