What we do
We diagnose, treat and manage all aspects of allergic disease in children up to 16 years old. During their clinic visit, your child may be seen by a doctor, clinical nurse specialist (CNS) and/or specialist allergy dietician.
- Tests: we offer a full range of allergy diagnostic tests, including skin prick and measurement of specific IgE testing, and also carry out food challenges and drug provocation tests.
- Treatments: we offer subcutaneous and sublingual immunotherapy for the treatment of allergic rhinitis and subcutaneous immunotherapy to desensitise children with severe reactions to bee and wasp stings.
- Management: we give families comprehensive information about avoiding exposure to allergens and the treatment of allergic disease, including information leaflets and emergency management plans so allergic reactions can be safely managed at home and school.
- Training: our CNSs offer training in the use of adrenaline autoinjectors.
Preparing for your appointment
Your child must not take any antihistamine medicine for at least four days before their appointment because this can interfere with the skin prick test results.
Their appointment may last for up to 1.5 hours.
Third floor, Cheyne Wing, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 4647
Patient information leaflets
|How do I introduce egg into my child’s diet?||728 KB|
Conditions we treat
We specialise in treating hypersensitivity reactions. Conditions treated include:
- food allergy
- venom allergies
- latex allergy
- drug allergies
- inhalant allergies.
Booking a patient at King’s
GPs should refer via NHS e-referral (e-RS) wherever possible.
Other ways to refer
Not applicable – routine referrals are made on NHS e-Referral.
To make an urgent referral, GPs should use NHS e-Referral and state that the referral is urgent.
Other referrers can make urgent referrals by calling tel: 020 3299 4647.
Acute allergic emergencies should be referred to the Emergency Department.
For advice and guidance for urgent and routine referrals, contact the Allergy Co-ordinator on 020 3299 4647.
Key Clinical Staff
|Miss Ana Victoria Bandiola||Allergy Clinical Nurse Specialist|
|Dr Nicola Brathwaite||Consultant Paediatric Allergist|
|Dr Katherine Fawbert||Consultant Paediatrician|
|Dr Susan Leech||Consultant|
|Miss Gemma Scanlan||Paediatric Allergy Clinical Nurse Specialist|