We are the regional centre for neurosciences in South East London and Kent. We see adults and children who have conditions affecting their brain, spine, and nerves that extend to all parts of the body. We provide both emergency and planned (elective) inpatient services and a wide range of outpatient clinics and diagnostic tests and investigations.
Our doctors, nurses, psychologists, therapists, and administrators work together to deliver our services at both our King’s College Hospital and Orpington Hospital sites, and in some community locations.
We strive to be one of the leading neuroscience centres in Europe and have clinicians who are at the top of their field. We actively undertake research across neurosciences, working with patients, academic partners, and other organisations.
We are always trying to improve and have an active patient and public participation group who work with us to make things better.
Your GP or healthcare provider will refer you to one of our specialty departments:
- Interventional neuroradiology
Health information and support
- Headway, the brain injury association, promotes understanding of all aspects of brain injury and provides information, support and services to survivors, their families and carers.
- Stroke Association provides specialist support, and funds critical research and campaigns to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives.
- Neurosciences admissions: +44 (0)20 3299 1807
- Neurosciences outpatients department: +44 (0)20 3299 8613
We have a leading role in regional neuroscience networks. These partnerships bring organisations together to improve care and outcomes for patients:
- South London Neurosurgery Network
- South East London and Kent Spinal Network