Vascular and endovascular surgery
What we do
We investigate and treat:
- Aortic disease - aneurysms (any site); acute and chronic dissections: We have extensive experience of multidisciplinary open and endovascular treatment of all types of aortic aneurysm disease, including international collaboration.
- Carotid disease, symptomatic carotid stenosis, carotid aneurysm, carotid body tumours: We are one of London’s leading carotid centres and work with our internationally renowned Neurology unit.
- Peripheral vascular disease - intermittent claudication, diabetic foot disease, peripheral aneurysms: We are national and international leaders in diabetic foot management.
- Venous disease - varicose veins, deep venous disease.
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Carotid body tumours
- Leg ulcers.
In addition we:
- support King’s large renal and dialysis service, including providing access for haemodialysis, and are one of the most experienced centres in the UK for simple, complex and revision surgery for vascular access
- provide an emergency haemostasis and reconstructive service for King's Major Trauma Unit.
Second floor, Bessemer Wing, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 5559
- Vascular FY1: (KCH) 166 Send Message
- Vascular on-call: +44 (0)20 3299 7595
- Vascular Outpatients Appointments email: email@example.com
- Vascular Referrals email: kch-tr.VascularSurgeryReferrals@nhs.net
- Vascular Specialist Nurse: +44 (0)20 3299 7596
Conditions we treat
- Aortic disease: aneurysms (any site), acute and chronic dissections
- Carotid disease: symptomatic carotid stenosis, carotid aneurysm, carotid body tumours
- Peripheral vascular disease: intermittent claudication, diabetic foot disease, peripheral aneurysms
- Venous disease: varicose veins, deep venous disease
- Provision of access for haemodialysis
- Miscellaneous: thoracic outlet syndrome, hyperhidrosis, carotid body tumours, leg ulcers
- Trauma: haemostasis and reconstruction.
What is required before referring a patient
For all patients likely to require contrast-enhanced investigation: eGFR.
Confirmation that referral is within current CCG guidelines.
Booking a patient at King's
Appointments for this service are made via the national e-Referral Service. Please see the e-referral page for more information.
Other ways to refer
By post: Address your referral to a named consultant and send to:
Department of Vascular Surgery
2nd Floor, Bessemer Wing East
King’s College Hospital
London SE5 9RS
By email: Send referrals to kch-tr.VascularSurgeryReferrals@nhs.net.
Vascular Hotline, tel 07973 456741
Key Clinical Staff
|Miss Sarah Franks||Consultant Vascular Surgeon|
|Mr Raghvinder Gambhir||Consultant|
|Miss Indira Maharaj||Vascular Nurse Specialist|
|Mr Hiren Mistry||Locum Consultant Vascular Surgeon|
|Mr Hisham Rashid||Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Honorary Senior Lecturer|
|Mr Hani Slim||consultant|
|Mr Domenico Valenti||Consultant Vascular Surgeon and Hon Sen Lecturer|