Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic
What we do
Our service helps patients experiencing chest pain and assesses whether their symptoms reflect a heart (cardiac) problem.
After being referred by their GP, patients will undergo an ECG, will have their medical history taken and be examined by our specialist cardiac nurse in our clinic. Results of some investigations may be available by the end of the appointment, so your visit at the clinic may take up to three hours. Further investigations may also be scheduled at a later date.
After this appointment test results will be either discussed with the patient by telephone or a letter is sent to the patient and their GP. If required, the patient may be referred to another appropriate service.
First floor, Hambleden Wing, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 3855
Conditions we treat
- Exertional chest pain suggestive of new onset angina within the last 2 months
- Patients reviewed by a Cardiologist within the last five years may be accepted
- Patients with already established IHD should be referred to General Cardiology
- Patients suspected of having Acute MI or Unstable Angina should be referred to A&E.
Booking a patient at King's
We deal with urgent/emergency referrals only.
Complete the referral form (below) and email it to email@example.com.
Email the RACP co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the relevant form and note any pre-consultation investigations required:
Key Clinical Staff
|Mr Michael Dodkin||Clinical Nurse Specialist|