Termination of pregnancy
What we do
Our clinic offers a full pregnancy termination service to NHS patients and we are NHS accredited as young person-friendly. All women are counselled, scanned, consented and pre-assessed by our team, which includes specialist nurses and a gynaecology consultant.
We carry out:
- early medical terminations where patients take the medication in the hospital and abort at home
- first and second trimester terminations under local and general anaesthesia.
We also accept referrals from across England and Wales for women who have medical problems which make them unsuitable for treatment in the charitable sector.
Preparing for your appointment
Please do not bring children with you to your appointment as you may be at the clinic for up to three hours.
If you are running late for your appointment, please ring our Main Reception number. We can only see a limited number of patients a day and you may need to rebook.
For further information please contact the Main Reception.
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 5040
Conditions we treat
We offer the following:
- Medical termination – pregnancy up 63 days or nine weeks.
- Surgical termination – suction under general anaesthetic (pregnancy up to 14 weeks and six days).
- Surgical termination – suction under local anaesthetic (pregnancy up to 12 weeks).
- Surgical termination – dilatation and evacuation under general anaesthetic (pregnancy over 15 weeks and up to 23 weeks and six days)
Booking a patient at King's
If you are referring from Lambeth, Southwark or Lewisham, referrals should go via the Central Booking Service. Patients can also self-refer by using this service.
Tel: 0345 345 9911
If you are referring from elsewhere, please contact the clinic on 020 3299 5010 to discuss this referral. Patients cannot self-refer to our service from outside of Lambeth, Southwark or Lewisham.
Please complete the referral form below and email it, together with a signed HSA-1 form, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For emergency referrals, please call 020 3299 5010 to speak directly to the lead nurse to arrange for the patient to be seen within two weeks.
For advice and guidance on routine and urgent referrals, please contact the lead nurse on 020 3299 5010.
Please complete the relevant form and note any pre-consultation investigations required:
Key Clinical Staff
|Mr Bhavin Raval||Consultant|