What we do
We offer a wide range of treatments, including tooth extractions, wisdom tooth surgery, biopsies, root surgery, pre-orthodontic surgery and the management of abnormal changes in mouth tissues.
We specialise in:
- assessing and managing patients with complicated wisdom tooth problems
- treating patients with osteoporosis or certain forms of cancer who use bisphosphonate medication to strengthen their bones
- facial vascular lesions, which are usually seen as redish/purple patches
- cryosurgery, which freezes abnormal tissue
- laser surgery
- apical surgery, where the end of the tooth root operated on, usually when a root filling fails
- patients whose medical conditions may affect or be affected by dental treatment.
Preparing for your appointment
- You will have any investigations you need, such as x-rays and blood tests.
- Please bring a list of your current medications.
- If you are having treatment under local anaesthetic or intravenous sedation, please have a light meal before your appointment - you do not need to fast.
- If you are having intravenous sedation, please follow the instructions we give you carefully. You must bring an escort with you when you have your surgery. Afterwards, your escort should take you straight home, ideally by car. For more information, please read our IV Sedation leaflet, available to download at the bottom of this page.
Fourth floor, Dental Institute, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 3054
Patient Information Leaflets
Conditions we treat
We offer a wide range of consultant-led services including cryo, laser and apical surgery delivered under local anaesthesia, intravenous sedation and general anaesthesia.
We welcome the referral of patients for surgical extractions, third molar surgery, biopsy, apical surgery, pre-orthodontic oral surgery, facial pain and the management of pathological lesions. We are also happy to receive referrals for patients with complex medical histories.
We specialise in treating medically compromised patients and the assessment and management of those with:
- complex third molars
- history of bisphonphonate treatment
- facial vascular lesions.
Booking a patient at King's
For routine referrals, fill in the referral form below and send to the oral surgery team.
Fax: 020 3299 4989
If you have any queries about referrals, contact the Dental Waiting List team on 020 3299 4988.
For urgent referrals, fill in the referral form below and send to the oral surgery team.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 020 3299 4989
For more assistance or information, contact our service development manager.
Please complete the relevant form and note any pre-consultation investigations required:
Key Clinical Staff
|Mr Dapo Akintola||Consultant|
|Miss Cathy Bryant||Consultant|
|Dr Bilal Fazil||Clinical teacher, Locum Specialty Dentist|
|Mr Clare Gleeson||Locum Consultant|
|Miss Reem Rita Hanna||Associate Specialist|
|Ms Nadine Khawaja||Senior Specialist Clinical teacher|
|Mr Prag Lal||Associate Specialist|
|Dr Kate le Marechal||Consultant Clinical Psychologist (Locum)|
|Mrs Sharon Maddix||Senior Dental Locals|
|Mr Olamide Obisesan||Consultant in Oral Surgery/Clinical Lead|
|Dr Jan Radeke||Consultant|
|Mrs Nazli Spencer||Locum Consultant in Oral Surgery|
|Mrs Jacques Stapleton||Senior Dental Nurse|
|Dr Harjit Tagar||Associate Specialist In Oral Surgery|
|Dr Gezala Umar||Associate Specialist Surgeon|