What we do
We assess and treat mouth and jaw problems and provide a wide range of treatment options.
Care we provide includes:
- Assessing and managing complicated wisdom tooth problems
- Treating patients with osteoporosis or certain forms of cancer who use bisphosphonate medication to strengthen their bones
- Treating facial vascular lesions, which are usually seen as reddish/purple patches
- Cryosurgery, which freezes abnormal tissue
- Laser surgery
- Tooth root (apical) surgery
- Treating patients whose medical condition may affect or be affected by dental treatment
- Managing acute and chronic dental infections
- Managing jaw cysts
- Children’s dental (paedodontic)/orthodontic oral surgery
- Managing orofacial pain
- Trigeminal nerve injuries.
Preparing for your appointment
Because the conditions we assess and treat are complex, consultations can sometimes overrun. This may mean that you are not seen at your exact appointment time. We apologise for this and ask for your understanding.
We will assess your problem at your first appointment. You will have any investigations you need, such as x-rays and blood tests, but you will not have any treatment. Please bring the following with you:
- Your appointment letter
- A list of any medicines you are taking
- A list of any questions you want to ask
You do not need to fast if you are having treatment under local anaesthetic or intravenous sedation. Please have a light meal before your appointment.
If you choose to have your treatment under intravenous sedation, watch our 2-minute film about how to prepare for this and what to expect. Also read the 'IV Sedation' leaflet (below) for more details:
Fourth floor, Dental Institute, King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 3054
- Cancel or change an appointment: +44 (0)20 3299 3054
- Outpatient appointment queries: +44 (0)20 3299 3263
- Questions about your treatment, before and after: +44 (0)20 3299 2620
Patient Information Leaflets
Conditions we treat
We offer a wide range of consultant-led services including cryo, laser and apical surgery delivered under local anaesthesia, intravenous sedation and general anaesthesia.
We welcome the referral of patients for surgical extractions, third molar surgery, biopsy, apical surgery, pre-orthodontic oral surgery, facial pain and the management of pathological lesions. We also accept referrals for patients with complex medical histories.
We specialise in treating medically compromised patients and the assessment and management of those with:
- complex third molars
- history of bisphosphonate treatment
- facial vascular lesions.
Booking a patient at King's
For routine referrals, complete the referral form below and send it to the oral surgery team:
Fax: 020 3299 4989
For suspected cancer use the 2 week wait referral pathway.
For other urgent referrals, complete the referral form below and send it to the oral surgery team:
Fax: 020 3299 4989
For queries about referrals, contact the Dental Waiting List team on 020 3299 4988.
For any other assistance or information, contact the service development manager.
Please complete the relevant form and note any pre-consultation investigations required:
Key Clinical Staff
|Mr Dapo Akintola||Consultant in Oral Surgery/ Clinical Lead for Acute Dental Care|
|Miss Cathy Bryant||Consultant|
|Ms Leigh-Ann Elias||Clinical Teacher, and Pain MDT service provider|
|Miss Clare Gleeson||Consultant|
|Miss Reem Hanna||Associate Specialist|
|Miss Nadine Khawaja||Honorary Consultant/ Senior Specialist Clinical Teacher|
|Dr Anna Krstevska||Specialty dentist|
|Mr Prag Lal||Associate Specialist|
|Mr Adam Lorincz||Locum Honorary Consultant|
|Mr Olamide Obisesan||Consultant/Clinical Lead|
|Prof Tara Renton||Professor Oral Surgery|
|Mrs Gemma Russell-Shove||senior specialist dental nurse|
|Mrs Aneesha Shah||Consultant|
|Dr Harjit Tagar||Consultant|
|Mr Talli Taylor||Speciality Doctor|
|Dr Gezala Umar||Associate Specialist|