Chemotherapy Day Unit
What we do
We are part of the London Cancer Alliance, which provides integrated cancer care to patients throughout south and west London.
We provide chemotherapy for:
- haematological (blood) cancers
- breast cancer
- multiple sclerosis
- ectopic pregnancies.
What do if you feel very unwell
- Haematology patients
- 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday, call the Chemotherapy Day Unit on 020 3299 4664; at all other times, call switchboard on 020 3299 9000 and ask for the on-call haematology registrar. You may be asked to come to ED to be assessed.
- Breast cancer patients
- 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday, call Acute Oncology on 020 3299 5467; at all other times, call the oncology on-call registrar at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust on 020 7188 7188.
- Non-cancer patients
- Please contact your relevant treatment team.
Preparing for your appointment
Please ring us first to make an appointment.
It is important you bring the following to your appointment. We cannot give you your chemotherapy without them:
- a chemotherapy notification form
- your consent for treatment
- a first prescription signed by a consultant for the service
- recent blood test results (within the previous five days).
First floor, Cheyne Wing, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 4664
- King's Cancer Helpline, 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday: +44 (0)20 3299 5228
- King's Macmillan Information & Support Centre, 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday: +44 (0)20 3299 5229
Conditions we treat
We are part of the London Cancer Alliance.
We administer chemotherapy for haematological malignancies, breast cancer, multiple sclerosis, rheumatology, renal vasculitis, dermatology and ectopic pregnancies.
Booking a patient at King's
Referrals to this service can be made only by consultants at King's.
Please contact the Lead Chemotherapy Nurse (KH3081) or Chemotherapy CNS (KH4664) or the CDU unit manager on 020 3299 4664.
Key Clinical Staff
|Mr Kevin Graham Saltmarsh||Lead Chemotherapy Nurse|