Breast Care Unit
What we do
We provide a comprehensive diagnostic and treatment service for women with breast conditions. The unit sees all new patients within 14 days of referral in one of our three weekly clinics held every Monday morning, Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning.
We aim to offer same-day consultation and investigation. If you need any tests or investigations, you may be in the unit longer than a morning or an afternoon.
We offer the following services:
- A full range of breast cancer treatments including chemotherapy.
- Day surgery for lumpectomies, mastectomies and axillary surgery. We are the national lead for this type of treatment.
- Breast reconstruction to patients who have had a mastectomy.
- A gynae-endocrine service for breast cancer patients who have oestrogen deficiency problems.
Preparing for your appointment
No special preparation is needed before a mammogram, ultrasound, fine needle aspiration or core biopsy.
Ground floor, Cheyne Wing, King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 3962
- Breast Appointments: +44 (0)20 3299 3962
- Breast Unit Reception Desk: +44 (0)20 3299 2976
Patient Information Leaflets
Conditions we treat
Our multidisciplinary unit aims to provide all care for patients in one area, from diagnosis through all stages of treatment, with one clinical team.
We offer clinical consultation, imaging and counselling on the same day, with results discussed and management plans agreed at a weekly multidisciplinary meeting. All patients are offered an appointment within 14 days and emergency patients (including breast abscesses) are seen on request the same day.
We hold three new patient clinics per week for referrals: Monday morning, Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning.
Our screening and symptomatic clinics investigate both benign and malignant diseases and provide:
- Investigation and treatment of all breast symptoms, such as lumps, mastalgia and nipple discharge.
- Advice about familial risk of breast cancer and interactions with hormone replacement therapy.
- Screening for occult breast cancer.
- Management of breast cancer risk such as Hodgkin’s disease from earlier radiation exposure.
- Prostheses advice and fitting.
- Breast reconstruction, which is offered to all patients having mastectomy.
We do not provide cosmetic surgery services.
Booking a patient at King's
GPs should refer via NHS e-referral (e-RS) wherever possible.
Other ways to refer
For emergency referrals, please contact the consultant by calling the Breast Care Unit on 020 3299 3962.
For general enquiries, please tel: 020 3299 3600.
For appointment queries, please tel: 020 3299 3962.
Key Clinical Staff
|Ms Sarah Adomah||CNS Breast|
|Mr Abubakr Arif||Consultant Surgeon|
|Mrs Jenny Curtis||Breast clinical nurse specialist|
|Mr Naseem Dhooma||Breast Surgeon|
|Mr Neeraj Garg||Consultant Breast Surgeon|
|Ms Veronica Grassi||Locum Breast Consultant|
|Miss Bridget Kabagambe||Senior research nurse|
|Ms Jo Marsden||Surgical Consultant (Breast Care)|
|Miss Kat Nipperess||Senior Physiotherapist|
|Mr Robert Price||Consultant Breast Surgeon|
|Mrs Emma Riley||Matron, Breast Care|
|Mr Jonathan Verrier Roberts||Clinical Lead Breast Care|
|Mr Jonathan Verrier Roberts||Systems Manager|
|Dr Sushma Sahi||Hospital Practitioner|
|Mrs Kat Tunnicliffe||Senior Physiotherapist Breast Cancer Care|
|Dr Andrew Visioli||Consultant Clinical Oncologist|
|Mrs Jackie Wright||Breast Cancer Clinical Nurse Specialist|