Prof Mark Monaghan
Consultant Clinical Scientist
- 3D, stress, transoesophageal and contrast echocardiography
Professor Monaghan is a Consultant Clinical Scientist & Director of non-invasive cardiology with special interest in applications of 3D echocardiography to the assessment of left ventricular function. He was appointed as Head of Echocardiography in 1990.
He trained at the University of Westminster, the University of London (King’s College) and has led the Echocardiography research at King’s for over 20 years.
Professor Monaghan is the Author/Editor of 3 books on echocardiography and senior or first author on many peer reviewed echocardiography papers. He is also an organiser and speaker at multiple national and international cardiology and echocardiography conferences.
- American College of Cardiology
- British Society of Echocardiography
- European Association of Echocardiography
- European Society of Cardiology
- Royal College of Physicians