Dr Igor Blum
Head, Dental Department of Integrated Clinical Care
DDS, PhD, Dr Med Dent, MSc, MFDSRCS (Eng), MFDSRCS (Edin), FFGDP (UK), FDS (Rest Dent), RCS (Eng), PGCHE, FHEA, LLM (Medico-Legal)
Restorative Dentistry, Prosthodontics,Periodontics
- Clinical primary dental care
- Critical appraisal of scientific literature
- Healthcare law
- Hypodontia and other dental developmental anomalies
- Minimally invasive dentistry
- Restorative rehabilitation of patients with oral cancer
- The combined orthodontic and restorative management of patients presenting with complex malocclusions
Dr Blum is a Consultant and Honorary Senior Lecturer in Restorative Dentistry. He is a General Dental Council (UK) registered Specialist in Prosthodontics, Periodontics, Endodontics and Restorative Dentistry.
Dr Blum is the Director of the Maurice Wohl Dental Centre, which is the London-based outreach facility for final year dental students of King's College London Dental Institute. He is Head of the Department of Integrated Clinical Care at King's College Hospital Dental Institute.
Dr Blum has lectured widely, both nationally and internationally. He is the author of over 40 papers in peer-reviewed journals, five book chapters, and he is on the editorial board for the Journal of Dentistry, Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry and the Journal of Restorative Dentistry. In addition, he is Editor-in-Chief of the Primary Dental Journal, published by the Faculty of General Dental Practice (UK) of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Dr Blum is an examiner for various postgraduate dental qualifications at the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Dr Blum is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (UK). He is Visiting Professor at the College of Dentistry at the University of Florida (USA) and at the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Debrecen (Hungary).
- British Dental Association
- British Society of Prosthodontics
- General Dental Council
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Surgeons of England