Dr Piers Patten
MB ChB, MRCP, FRCPath, PhD
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia
Dr Piers Patten became a Consultant Haematologist with a specialist interest in lymphoproliferative disorders in 2014, having obtained his Completion of Specialist Training in 2009.
He is based both at King's College Hospital and Guy's and St Thomas', working within the lymphoma service. He is a UK trained haematologist and became interested in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) while completing his PhD, which was funded by Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research (now Bloodwise).
He undertook a Bloodwise Visiting Fellowship researching CLL at the Feinstein Institute of Medical Research, New York between 2009 and 2013.
He continues to research this area both in the laboratory and with involvement in an extensive clinical trial portfolio.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists
- Member of American Society of Hematologists
- Member of British Society of Haematologists
- Member of Royal College of Physicians