Dr Prashanth Reddy
MBBS, MRCP, MD(Res)
Movement disorders, Gerontology
- Dementia and delirium
- Parkinson’s disease, tremor, dystonia, tics, myoclonus, chorea, other movement disorders.
- Restless leg syndrome
- Stroke medicine
Dr Reddy is a Consultant Geriatrician with a special interest in movement disorders. He also has experience dealing with stroke and dementia patients. He has integrated the care provided for patients with Parkinson’s, dementia and stroke under one roof in a novel Neurogeriatric clinic, the first of its kind in the UK. He has vast experience (10 years) with advanced therapies for Parkinson’s disease (Apomorphine infusion and Duodopa infusion) and supports MDT and Parkinson's nurse specialists involved in advanced therapies.
Dr Reddy has a research interest in Parkinson’s disease and is able to continue this with the help of the Clinical Research Network (CRN) in London. He was a research fellow at King’s College London (KCL) for four years and completed his research MD in 2015. He also has regular teaching commitments at KCL. He is the clinical lead for the Acute Health and Ageing Unit, and for Risk and Governance in Clinical Gerontology at King’s College Hospital.
- BMA (British Medical Association)
- British Geriatrics Society
- Member of Royal College of Physicians
- Movement Disorder Society
- Dafsari HS, Reker P, Silverdale M, Reddy P, Pilleri M, Martinez-Martin P, Rizos A, Perrier E, Weiß L, Ashkan K, Samuel M, Evans J, Visser-Vandewalle V, Antonini A, Ray-Chaudhuri K, Timmermann L, EUROPAR and the IPMDS Non-Motor PD Study Group. (2017) 'Subthalamic Stimulation Improves Quality of Life of Patients Aged 61 Years or Older With Short Duration of Parkinson's Disease', Neuromodulation : journal of the International Neuromodulation Society, ():
- Dafsari HS, Reddy P, Herchenbach C, Wawro S, Petry-Schmelzer JN, Visser-Vandewalle V, Rizos A, Silverdale M, Ashkan K, Samuel M, Evans J, Huber CA, Fink GR, Antonini A, Chaudhuri KR, Martinez-Martin P, Timmermann L, IPMDS Non-Motor Symptoms Study Group. (2016) 'Beneficial Effects of Bilateral Subthalamic Stimulation on Non-Motor Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease', Brain stimulation, 9,(1):78-85
- Martinez-Martin P, Reddy P, Katzenschlager R, Antonini A, Todorova A, Odin P, Henriksen T, Martin A, Calandrella D, Rizos A, Bryndum N, Glad A, Dafsari HS, Timmermann L, Ebersbach G, Kramberger MG, Samuel M, Wenzel K, Tomantschger V, Storch A, Reichmann H, Pirtosek Z, Trost M, Svenningsson P, Palhagen S, Volkmann J, Chaudhuri KR (2015) 'EuroInf: a multicenter comparative observational study of apomorphine and levodopa infusion in Parkinson's disease', Movement disorders : official journal of the Movement Disorder Society, 30,(4):510-6
- Reddy P, Martinez-Martin P, Brown RG, Chaudhuri KR, Lin JP, Selway R, Forgacs I, Ashkan K, Samuel M (2014) 'Perceptions of symptoms and expectations of advanced therapy for Parkinson's disease: preliminary report of a Patient-Reported Outcome tool for Advanced Parkinson's disease (PRO-APD)', Health and quality of life outcomes, 12,():11
- Ashkan K, Samuel M, Reddy P, Ray Chaudhuri K (2013) 'The impact of deep brain stimulation on the nonmotor symptoms of Parkinson's disease', Journal of neural transmission (Vienna, Austria : 1996), 120,(4):639-42
- Reddy P, Martinez-Martin P, Rizos A, Martin A, Faye GC, Forgacs I, Odin P, Antonini A, Chaudhuri KR (2012) 'Intrajejunal levodopa versus conventional therapy in Parkinson disease: motor and nonmotor effects', Clinical neuropharmacology, 35,(5):205-7
- Martinez-Martin P, Reddy P, Antonini A, Henriksen T, Katzenschlager R, Odin P, Todorova A, Naidu Y, Tluk S, Chandiramani C, Martin A, Chaudhuri KR (2011) 'Chronic subcutaneous infusion therapy with apomorphine in advanced Parkinson's disease compared to conventional therapy: a real life study of non motor effect', Journal of Parkinson's disease, 1,(2):197-203
- Haq IZ, Naidu Y, Reddy P, Chaudhuri KR (2010) 'Narcolepsy in Parkinson's disease', Expert review of neurotherapeutics, 10,(6):879-84