Dr Sarah Walsh
MB BS BAO BMedSci MRCP
- Art and medicine
- Habit reversal for eczema
- Medical dermatology
- Medical law and ethics
- Severe Cutaneous Adverse Reactions (SCAR)
- Vulval dermatology
Dr Walsh is a Consultant Dermatologist and Clinical Lead for Dermatology at King's. She trained in Cork, Edinburgh and Glasgow, and was in receipt of the Ainsworth clinical fellowship before taking up her consultant post at King's. She is a senior section editor of the British Journal of Dermatology. She practices all aspects of clinical dermatology and also conducts research into her areas of special interest - severe drug reactions, sarcoidosis and vulval dermatology.
She has a keen interest in psychological aspects and implications of skin disease, and has introduced psychological assessment to a number of clinics in the dermatology department. She has also piloted the technique of Habit Reversal, in conjunction with the department of Psychological Medicine, in patients with atopic eczema. She is in the process of establishing a training programme in visual literacy for dermatology registrars in conjunction with the Dulwich Picture Gallery.
- British Association of Dermatologists
- British Society for Medical Dermatology
- General Medical Council
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Teo YX, Walsh SA (2016) 'Severe adverse drug reactions', Clinical medicine (London, England), 16,(1):79-83