Dr Malur Sudhanva
Consultant Medical Virologist
MBBS, MD, FRCPath (Virology)
- Operational aspects of diagnostics
- Strategic aspects of virology
- Transplant virology
- Travel related virology
Dr Sudhanva is a Consultant Medical Virologist at South London Specialist Virology Centre, which is part of Viapath Infection Sciences at King's College Hospital.
He trained at the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) in India, the West of Scotland Specialist Virology Centre (WOSSVC) in Glasgow, and the National Institute for Communicable Diseases, Special Pathogens Unit, in South Africa. He has worked at Public Health England's Rare and Imported Pathogens Laboratory and was an Imported Fever Service on-call consultant for the UK.
He teaches and assesses King's College London medical students. His main teaching interest is related to post-graduate recruitment, training and examinations.
Royal College of Pathologist committees:
- Co-Chair of the medical microbiology and virology College Specialty Training Committee (CSTC)
- Co-Chair of the Joint Combined Infection Training Specialty Advisory Committee (SAC)
- Member of the Medical Virology Specialty Advisory Committee (SAC)
Royal College of Pathologist's examination duties:
- Virology FRCPath part 2 Examiner
- Member of Combined Infection Training Examination Panel
- Deputy Chief Examiner for Virology FRCPath part 1
- College Question Writing group member
His expertise includes general virology, transplant virology, travel-related virology and operational aspects of virology including molecular diagnostics. He has special interests in strategic, IT and automation aspects of diagnostics. He is currently a serving member of the Viapath Senate.
- American Society for Microbiology
- European Society for Clinical Virology
- Royal College of Pathologists
- Scottish Microbiology Association
- UK Clinical Virology Network