Miss Serpil Djemal
Consultant in Restorative Dentistry & Clinical Lead
BDS MSc FDS MRD Dip Ed
- Dental trauma
- Minimally invasive dentistry
- Multidisciplinary care
- Postgraduate training
Serpil qualified at King's in 1988, and since 2008 has been working as a Consultant in Restorative Dentistry at King's College Hospital.
In 2009, she took on the role of clinical lead for Restorative Dentistry and Traumatology and she is actively involved in the acute and long term management of patients who have sustained traumatic dental injuries.
She is founder chairperson to Dental Trauma UK, a new charity set up to raise public and professional awareness of the prevention and management of traumatic dental injuries.
- British Endodontic Society
- British Society for Restorative Dentistry
- Dental Protection Limited
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons
- General Dental Council
- Kelleher MG, Djemal S, Lewis N (2012) 'Ethical marketing in 'aesthetic' ('esthetic') or'cosmetic dentistry'. Part 3', Dental update, 39,(7):472-4, 476-8, 481-2 passim
- Kelleher MG, Djemal S, Lewis N (2012) 'Ethical marketing in 'aesthetic' ('esthetic') or 'cosmetic dentistry' part 2', Dental update, 39,(6):390-2, 394-6, 398-400 passim
- Kelleher MG, Djemal S, Lewis N (2012) 'Ethical marketing in'aesthetic' ('esthetic') or'cosmetic dentistry'. Part 1', Dental update, 39,(5):313-6, 318-20, 323-4 passim
- Djemal S, Setchell D, King P, Wickens J (1999) 'Long-term survival characteristics of 832 resin-retained bridges and splints provided in a post-graduate teaching hospital between 1978 and 1993', Journal of oral rehabilitation, 26,(4):302-20