Mr Nitish Narvekar
MBBS, MD(Ind.), MFSRH, MD(Ed.), FRCOG
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Benign gynaecological surgery
- Endometriosis and chronic pelvic pain syndromes
- Fallopian tube ds and laparoscopic tubal surgery
- Gynaecological ultrasound
- Laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery
- Recurrent miscarriage and implantation failures
- Reproductive medicine, endocrionology and assisted conception
- Uterine ds - fibroids, adenomyosis, septum, heavy and irregular menstruation
Mr Narvekar is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. He is an accredited specialist in reproductive medicine and minimal access laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery, having undergone highly specialised training at University College Hospital, London.
He is an expert in the medical and surgical treatment of fertility problems. This includes the use of assisted conception techniques such as in-vitro fertilization (IVF) and advanced minimal access 'key-hole' surgery to treat conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and uterine anomalies.
He is widely published in the field of reproductive medicine and minimal access surgery and is actively involved in the training, examination and supervision of students and specialists.
Mr Narvekar qualified as a doctor in 1990 and trained as Obstetrician and Gynaecologist in India. He was admitted as a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 1999, and moved to the United Kingdom. He has worked as an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist in various hospitals across the UK before he joined King's in 2008.
He undertook a 2-year research fellowship at the University of Edinburgh and was awarded a Master’s degree ‘MD’ in Reproductive Medicine in 2008.
- American Association of Gynaecologic Laparoscopists
- British Fertility Society
- British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- European Society of Human Reproduction
- Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
- Mittal M, Kreatsa M, Narvekar N, Savvas M, Hamoda H (2014) 'Fertility desires, choice of hormone replacement and the effect of length of time since menopause on bone density in women with premature ovarian insufficiency: a review of 223 consecutive new referrals to a tertiary centre', Post reproductive health, 20,(3):104-11
- Mittal M, Savvas M, Narvekar N, Panay N, Hamoda H (2014) 'A cross-sectional national questionnaire survey assessing the clinical attitudes of members of the British Menopause Society to the management of women with premature ovarian insufficiency', Post reproductive health, 20,(3):90-7
- Tyagi J, Jan H, Sarris J, Narvekar N (2014) 'Parasitic pedunculated fibroid. Is laparoscopic management the best approach?', Journal of obstetrics and gynaecology : the journal of the Institute of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 34,(3):273-4
- Shukla U, Deval B, Jansa Perez M, Hamoda H, Savvas M, Narvekar N (2013) 'Sperm donor recruitment, attitudes and provider practices--5 years after the removal of donor anonymity', Human reproduction (Oxford, England), 28,(3):676-82
- Papageorgiou SG, Ahmed O, Narvekar N, Davies M, Kottaridis PD (2012) 'Preservation of fertility in women undergoing reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic transplantation with a fludarabine-based regime', Transplantation, 94,(5):e29-30
- Gulumser C, Narvekar N, Pathak M, Palmer E, Parker S, Saridogan E (2010) 'See-and-treat outpatient hysteroscopy: an analysis of 1109 examinations', Reproductive biomedicine online, 20,(3):423-9
- Narvekar N, Lakha F, Critchley HO, Glasier AF, Williams AR, Leminen R, Heikinheimo O, Kelly RW, Baird DT (2007) 'Changes in vaginal morphology, steroid receptor and natural antimicrobial content following treatment with low-dose mifepristone', Contraception, 75,(4):271-80
- Narvekar N, Glasier A, Dada K, Van der Spuy Z, Ho PC, Cheng L, Baird DT (2006) 'Toward developing a once-a-month pill: a double-blind, randomized, controlled trial of the effect of three single doses of mifepristone given at midcycle on the pattern of menstrual bleeding', Fertility and sterility, 86,(4):819-24
- Narvekar N, Critchley HO, Cheng L, Baird DT (2006) 'Mifepristone-induced amenorrhoea is associated with an increase in microvessel density and glucocorticoid receptor and a decrease in stromal vascular endothelial growth factor', Human reproduction (Oxford, England), 21,(9):2312-8
- Narvekar N, Cameron S, Critchley HO, Lin S, Cheng L, Baird DT (2004) 'Low-dose mifepristone inhibits endometrial proliferation and up-regulates androgen receptor', The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism, 89,(5):2491-7
- Baird DT, Brown A, Cheng L, Critchley HO, Lin S, Narvekar N, Williams AR (2003) 'Mifepristone: a novel estrogen-free daily contraceptive pill', Steroids, 68,(10-13):1099-105
- Cameron ST, Glasier AF, Narvekar N, Gebbie A, Critchley HO, Baird DT (2003) 'Effects of onapristone on postmenopausal endometrium', Steroids, 68,(10-13):1053-9
- Wagaarachchi PT, Ashok PW, Narvekar NN, Smith NC, Templeton A (2002) 'Medical management of late intrauterine death using a combination of mifepristone and misoprostol', BJOG : an international journal of obstetrics and gynaecology, 109,(4):443-7
- Wagaarachchi PT, Ashok PW, Narvekar N, Smith NC, Templeton A (2001) 'Medical management of early fetal demise using a combination of mifepristone and misoprostol', Human reproduction (Oxford, England), 16,(9):1849-53