Dr Pratik Choudhary
Senior Lecturer / Consultant in Diabetes
MBBS, MD, FRCP
- Closed-loop insulin delivery
- Insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring
- Islet and pancreas transplantation
- Mechanisms and treatment of hypoglycaemia unawareness
- Post transplantation diabetes
- Technology in diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes
Dr Choudhary's main research work is based around mechanisms and treatments of hypoglycaemia unawareness, with a special interest in the psychology of patients with recurrent hypoglycaemia, and the changes in the brain that are associated with that seen on neuroimaging.
He is also interested in the use of technology in diabetes, with a large clinical and research interest in the use of insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitoring and closed loop insulin delivery.
He is also clinical lead for the islet transplant service at King's, and diabetes lead for the pancreas transplantation at Guy's Hospital.
- Diabetes UK
- European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD)
- International Pancreas and Islet Transplant Association (IPITA)