Dr Christoph Huppa
Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Clinical Director - Dental Care Group
German State Examinations in Medicine and Dentistry, United States Medical Licensing Exam, Doctorate in Medicine, CCT in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Facial Plastic Surgery including surgery for cleft lip and palate
- Surgery for facial and cranial trauma
- Surgery for the correction of facial and cranial deformity (Craniofacial Surgery)
Dr Huppa completed courses of undergraduate training in Medicine and Dentistry at the Medical and Dental Schools of the Universities of Dusseldorf and Cologne in Germany. He graduated in Medicine in 1993 and in Dentistry in 1996.
He then completed his specialist postgraduate training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery followed by 3 years of training in Facial Plastic Surgery (emphasis on microvascular, facial cleft and craniofacial surgery) at the University Hospital in Leipzig, Germany.
After defending his doctorate thesis (basic research on the influence of environmental toxins on the hearing system) in front of the Medical Faculty of the Heinrich-Heine-University, Dusseldorf, he was rewarded the academic degree of a Doctor in Medicine (with distinction) in 2000.
Dr Huppa joined King's College Hospital as a Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2003 and took a part time post as a Consultant Cleft Surgeon at Guy's and St. Thomas' Hospitals in 2005, while continuing at King's part time. In 2010 he was appointed Clinical Lead for his specialty at King's.
Dr Huppa has a special interest in surgery for facial and craniofacial trauma and deformity and he has been lecturing on this subject on numerous occasions around the world.
- Fellow of the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Full registration with the GMC and GDC
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Member of the German Cleft Palate Craniofacial Association
- Member of the UK AO-CMF faculty