The way we work at King’s has evolved during the Coronavirus pandemic and the majority of our outpatient appointments have been held either via video or telephone consultation. We know that the way we deliver our services going forward will look different and that our patients are keen for the outpatient process to be streamlined and digitised.
Planning ahead, the Trust is taking several steps to ensure that our outpatient services run smoothly and are adaptable to the current environment. In order to cope with enhanced demand and to improve the outpatient experience, we are proposing the following initiatives:
• A new digital booking process via an online ‘Patient Portal’
• Increased digital appointments with e-clinics, telephone and video consultations
• Enhanced check-in processes across our sites, using kiosks and ‘virtual receptionists’
Please watch the two following two short videos to find out more:
We believe that these proposals will help improve the outpatient experience for our patients, reduce unnecessary footfall within our hospitals and promote both social distancing and infection control standards. Patients will still have the option to receive hard copies of appointments letters and to opt out of these digital options.
Once you have watched the short videos, we would like to hear your thoughts and comments on our proposals. We would be grateful if you could complete the following survey to share any feedback you may have:
Further involvement opportunities
- If you are interested in learning about the ‘virtual receptionist’ element of our proposals, please email: kch-tr.KingsPPI@nhs.net for more information, and to book a virtual demonstration and a short interview to capture your views.
- If you are interested, you can also become part of our Outpatient Virtual Patient Reference Group which will ensure that we listen to our patients as we make changes. Please email: kch-tr.KingsPPI@nhs.net to get involved.