Highway work to improve safety at four junctions in Camberwell town centre (Camberwell New Road, Denmark Hill, Camberwell Road and Camberwell Church Street) will start on Monday 11 November 2019 and will include:
- New paving on Camberwell New Road, Denmark Hill, Camberwell Road and Camberwell Church Street
- Road resurfacing on Camberwell New Road, Denmark Hill, Camberwell Road, Camberwell Church Street
- Installation of a new pedestrian crossing on Camberwell Road
- Upgrade work to local street lighting, drainage systems and traffic signals
- Relocation of bus stop E and the Camberwell Road Bus stand to new locations on Camberwell Road
- Removal of a taxi bay on Camberwell Church Street and the upgrade of a loading bay on Denmark Hill to a combined loading and taxi bay
- Insetting the loading bay on Camberwell road
- Relocation of pedestrian crossing on Camberwell Church Street
How the works will affect you
Improvement work will start at Camberwell Church Street at the junction with Camberwell Green and Wren Road on the 11 November 2019. Work will take place in phases and will be complete by 31 May 2020.
During road closures, marshals will be in place to help drivers. Please plan ahead, allow more time for your journey and use alternative routes when possible.
Bus routes affected
Bus routes 12, 35, 36, 40, 42, 45, 68, 148, 171, 176, 185, 345, 436, 468, 484, X68, N35, N68, N89, N136, N137, N138, N171, N172 and N173 will be on diversion at various times and dates. Please see relevant notices at bus stops.
Visit tfl.gov.uk/bus/status or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter for live updates.
Parking and access to closed roads
Parking bays may be suspended at various times for the duration of the works. This will be clearly signed, so if you usually park in this area, please move your vehicle in advance.
Footpaths and pedestrian crossings will remain open wherever possible and clearly signpost any temporary closures.
The project site office will be located in Daneville Road at the junction with Wren Road. Should you have a query about the improvement work, Project Liaison Officer Helen McConnell will be available Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00. You can contact her by emailing Helen.McConnell@fmconway.co.uk.