Like all NHS Trusts, King’s College Hospital has a plan to help us manage major incidents and large-scale emergencies directly or indirectly involving the Trust. This plan includes arrangements for the media.
In the event of a major incident:
- The Communications Team will make every effort to provide up-to-date and timely information to the media.
- We will establish a press centre in the hospital, the directions to which will be clearly marked. This will be accessible for press conferences.
- We will give the media regular updates on the situation.
- Depending on the nature of the incident, there may be an opportunity for interviews with hospital staff.
- We will update the homepage of our website regularly.
For further information about arrangements for journalists and the media in the event of a major incident, please contact the Communications Team:
Tel 020 3299 3257