Collaborative care planning for long term conditions
The aim of this two session course is to enhance GPs, Practice Nurses and other health care professionals' knowledge and skills to deliver collaborative care planning consultations and facilitate self-management for people with long term conditions in community and secondary care settings.
The course with clinicians from Guy’s and St Thomas’ and King’s College Hospital, will cover skills that are specific to:
- Promoting behaviour change and goal-setting;
- Measuring importance and confidence to set/achieve goals;
- Exploring ambivalence - looking at reasons to change/reasons not to change behaviour;
- Reflecting the issues back to the patient, allowing them to address their health issues;
- Helping patients to problem solve, rather than finding solutions for them.
Date and Times
Session 1 - Thursday 7 March 2013
Session 2 - Thursday 21 March 2013
Both sessions 13.30-16.30 (sandwich lunch provided at 13.00)
Both sessions will be held in - Seminar Room, Diabetes Dept, 3rd Floor, Lambeth Wing, St Thomas’ Hospital
How to book your place
To book your place please e-mail: email@example.com
Postal address: Health Improvement Training Team, NHS Southwark Business Support Unit, PO Box 64529, London, SE1P 5LX