What we do
We offer a wide range of surgery, including tooth extractions, wisdom tooth surgery, biopsies, root surgery, pre-orthodontic surgery and the management of abnormal changes in mouth tissues.
We specialise in:
- Assessing and managing patients with complicated wisdom tooth problems.
- Patients with a history of bisphonphonate treatment, which is used to strengthen bone in patients with osteoporosis and some forms of cancer.
- Facial vascular lesions, which are usually seen as redish/purple patches.
- Cryosurgery, a type of surgery that freezes abnormal tissue.
- Laser surgery.
- Apical surgery, where the end of the root of the tooth is operated on and which is usually necessary when a root filling fails
- Patients whose medical conditions may affect or be affected by dental treatment.
Preparing for your appointment
One of our team will assess you before you come to your treatment appointment. At this appointment, we will arrange for you to have any investigations you need, such as x-rays and blood tests. Please bring a list of your current medications to your assessment appointment so we know what you are taking.
If you are having treatment under local anaesthetic or intravenous sedation, you do not need to fast for your appointment. Please make sure you have a light meal before attending your treatment appointment.
If you are having intravenous sedation, please follow the instructions we give you carefully. You must bring an escort with you when you have your surgery. After your treatment, you and your escort should return straight home, ideally by car.
For more information, please read our leaflet, Intravenous sedation for dental treatment.
Fourth floor, Dental Institute, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS
- Main Reception: +44 (0)20 3299 3054
Patient Information Leaflets
Conditions we treat
King's Oral Surgery offers a wide range of consultant-led oral surgery services delivered under local anaesthesia, intravenous sedation and general anaesthesia.
We welcome the referral of patients for surgical extractions, third molar surgery, biopsy, apical surgery, pre-orthodontic oral surgery, facial pain and the management of pathological lesions.
We are happy to receive referrals for patients with complex medical histories.
We run clinics specialising in:
- assessment and management of patients with complex third molars
- patients with a history of bisphonphonate treatment
- facial vascular lesions
- laser surgery
- apical surgery
- medically compromised patients.
Booking a patient at King's
For routine referrals, please contact the Dental Waiting List team on 020 3299 4988.
Urgent referrals may be made by:
- Fax 020 3299 4989
- Email: email@example.com
For more assistance or further information, please contact our service development manager: Kch-tr.OSdevelopmentmanager@nhs.net
Please complete the relevant form and note any pre-consultation investigations required:
Key Clinical Staff
|Miss Cathy Bryant||Consultant|
|Mr Max Chauhan||Associate Specialist|
|Dr Bilal Fazil||Clinical teacher, Locum Specialty Dentist|
|Miss Reem Rita Hanna||Associate Specialist|
|Ms Nadine Khawaja||Senior Specialist Clinical teacher|
|Mr Prag Lal||Associate Specialist|
|Mrs Sharon Maddix||Senior Dental Locals|
|Mr Olamide Obisesan||Consultant in Oral Surgery/Clinical Lead|
|Dr Jan Radeke||Consultant|
|Dr Harjit Tagar||Associate Specialist In Oral Surgery|
|Dr Gezala Umar||Associate Specialist Surgeon|