You can use your mobile phone safely in many areas of the hospital.
But please check with the ward staff because mobile devices are not allowed in certain high-risk areas of King’s where there is a high concentration of electronic equipment, such as:
- the Emergency Department (ED)
- intensive care and high dependency units (HDUs)
- MRI and x-ray investigation rooms.
This is because the radio waves sent out by your phone can affect medical equipment and so risk harming patients.
Do not make or take calls in these high-risk areas and switch off your phone before you enter them: your phone sends regular messages to indicate that it is available for a call, even when it is on standby.
- Cardiac procedures rooms
- Cardiac Recovery Unit
- Coronary Care Unit
- Emergency Department
- Haematology outpatient treatment room
- Haemodialysis Unit
- High Dependency Unit
- Intensive Care Unit
- Kinnier Wilson Ward High Dependency Unit (HDU)
- Lion ward High Dependency Unit (HDU)
- Marjory Warren Ward
- MRI investigation rooms
- Nuclear medicine investigation rooms
- Oliver Ward
- Operating theatres
- Paediatric ICU (PICU)
- Physiotherapy Department
- Renal satellite unit
- Ultrasound investigation rooms
- Victoria & Albert Ward High Dependency Unit (HDU)
- X-ray investigation rooms